taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
This may be old news to some of you but it's new to me so with that said,

I have it on good authority that Mr. Okie has succumbed to the dark side and has new YZ250F on it's way to him. Yes, the diesel pig bug has bitten ole Okie and now we'll all have to endure another round of "Poor me how do you start a thumper?" posts.

Congrats Okie, you love the bike and when somebody ask you about premixk, you can now honestly give the blank "what is premix" stare..........

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry taraker... Pokie has had one since December... got it all figured out (starting). In fact, I don't know what the fuss is all about, I start his first kick everytime... hot too. Man I love that thing!

Once Eric, Dr. D., DSP and a few select others get done with it... :p

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Okie, Welcome to the world of rotating mass and reciprocating valves, you DO know the secret hand shake,.....dont you? (you squeeze on everyOTHER stroke) hehehe :D
Congrats Bud,....Enjoy!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It was fate?

I'll paste the post I put in the mods forum yesterday....

) Thump calls me early a.m., "TwinSpar wants the AF, take it off the market"
2) I start my search for 250F's. NO luck, even all the used ones listed are already gone, everyone says "sold it the day the ad came out". I look in 4 states. Of course NO dealers have any, new or used... looks like either a 426 or wait until sometime in September for a '02.
3) Thump calls me. "Hey man, want a brand new 250F?" (I think to myself "duh").

Turns out a guy bailed on a contract (sale & financing, LOST 2500.00 in the process), 250F available, it was taken out of the crate this morning! Thump says, I can work a swingin deal, I'll call ya back. (I wait by the phone).

Calls back: 4,750.00 + shipping, you'll have it Monday. Want it? (I again think to myself "duh") 5,161.00 to my door ($75 extra for rush shipping) All the used ones I saw were over 5,500.00 in who knows what condition (and like I said, even the used ones were gone). I was prepared to drive hundreds of miles to get one.

Thump takes off from work, goes to the shop and writes the check. <-- this a brother or what?--> Done deal!!! It'll be here Monday! I'll be riding it Tuesday! Twinnie gives Thump the AF money (thanks!) , thump mails me the difference next week, the difference of course I'm already spending on those "must have" parts...

Good day or what?

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Girl bikes.....

Now I know why Okie won't buy an orange bike........He is an aftermarket junky........... "Hi my names Okie and Im addicted to Bolt ons......." If Okie gets every mod available for that bike it should weigh about 210 lbs and have 75 horsepower.........If the aftermarket guys claims are true.......;)

Congradulations Okie I will once again be joining the cam and valve family myself... Said I would never go back, but you gotta try different bikes...I dont see how some of these guys get new CR250's every year....You gotta experiment.......

And for the aftermarket stuff....I always tell everyone that if I had money coming out my arse I wouldbuy a DRZ400....Cause you could spend about 10 grand fixing one up.....Right.....

Oh, wheres the AF? Last I heard you were gonna keep it.......you know those will be high dollar collector items one day. Thats the truth....

Just forget all of above... Okie you was reading my mind...

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Not to worry, I'll do my best to SHAME Okie into only doing mods that count :)

Besides once Eric and I finish massaging the little blue piglet Okie won''t need no stinkin' bolt on crap. He'll have the baddest 250F in D17, ... well baddest next to my Demon Diesel 250F ...Coming Soon

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
You heard it hear first....

Well I am getting a blue thumper...... I take delivery next week......Got a deal I could not pass up..........

Its not Yamaha blue though....It is blue and yellow....Im getting a 2001 Husaberg FC550..........

It had many of the same features I was holding out for on the 02 SX 520. Plus a 6 speed and a larger tank......

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Tennessee Thumper
Rich,Are you still thinking about buying the crf450???

I was up until I got a few rides on Pokie's YZ250F. It's quite a bike.
I was holding out for Honda to build a 250 for 2002 but that looks unlikely so I'll have a YZ250F in the stable as soon as I can find one.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Rich,Just in case you can't find anything new.I saw a ad today on a slightly used yzf in Nashville.The owner "claims" it only has 5 hours on the bike.I think it's 5200 OBO.

Last edited:

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Perfect fit...

First thing I did was put the tape to it.....No problem on the fit..... .

This thing has more motor than my neon. It should be plenty fast.... I heard one run yesterday and it sounded angry......real angry.... 553 cc 12.7:1 compression 238 lbs.... Oh yah.....I got chills......

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I have only seen a couple of them at the races and I don't know much about them, and that is what scares me, when I don't know much about something... funny how my wife comes to mind.:think

Hey Okie, when I picked 380EXCman up in Boise on our way to the Reno ride, he mentioned something about putting his 380 in the car and hauling it across country. Well I thought he was just messing with me for a couple hundred miles, then I finally got a clue that he was serious:eek: He then went on to tell just how he did it:scream: After telling that story to my wife she told me to not even think about putting my 400 in the Explorer:) :think

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And the Story gets better

Turns out Okie has been scammed by Scooter, Thump, TwinSpar and my whole family... Scooter decided last week that I needed a 250F and was in the process of buying one, when I put the AF up for sale. I'd been talking about selling the CR so I could get an F, she didn't want me to have to sell it. Sooo, when I posted that the AF was for sale, they all came up with the big scam (see story above) to keep me from really selling the AF. They were also concerned that I'd actually find one and buy it, resulting in two new YZ's in the garage :) . Awesome scam. worked REALLY well, took me my total surprise!

Long story short, Thump calls me this morning and says, "Man, the bike is lost in shipping", but..... look in the drive way" .... There's Scooter sitting on a brand new 250F!!

Riding will be a real problem now... hummm... let's see, which one to ride first LOL. Life is REALLY good. Thanks to all involved.

YEEEEHAWWWWW
http://dirtrider.net/images/250F.jpg

FlyingFinn

Oct 25, 1999
Congratulations Okie!! You got a Great wife! You gotta remember her for this.. Maybe a breakfast in bed and flowers..

I had finally a chance to test 250F last thursday... I wan't one!!
it was incredible.. So easy to ride and light.. Unfortunately I don't have wife who would buy me one.:( I have to make a lottery..

B

biglou

Similar story:

Rode Rick's KTM 250 2-smoke Friday night. Had to have one. Swung a deal for one Saturday (yesterday). Trading the overweight deisel for a much lighter ride. I too, am very excited. Life is indeed good!

Of course, Orange bike, yellow pants, blue jersey. I'll be riding in technicolor!

Sir T.-Look at the Spodevision pics to see the 380EXC wedged into that Neon!

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I was awaiting a Pic. I would love to ride one just itching. You can't race them locally can you? If I could race them in the 125 class and find one to test ride then I might get one.
CRG

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
Okie,

They should have let me in on the surprise, I could have easily been bought off with some stickers or a t-shirt! ;) Glad to hear you got to keep the CR. Sometimes, wives do things that can't be understood by man. Like actually getting you something you asked for at Christmas instead of lawn pruning implements. Or letting you get TWO bikes in the garage! Relish it, video tape it, photograph it....live the moment for all married guys everywhere!!!

Thanks again.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Ok let me get this story strait. Ok Scooter bought Okie a 250F butthump did too after scooter did so now Okie has two 250F's? Am I right. I am so confused:confused: :confused:

Top Bottom