endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Is it true that you are unable to purchase cold beer in Oklahoma?(Gas stations and convient stores)

I was also informed that you cannot purchase ice also. This will put a damper on any out of town folk attending DW. Just wanted to help out my fellow beer drinkers attending DW. I will attend nexts years event and will come stocked up. :aj:

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
Well, I'm guessing you mean you are not allowed to purchase ice and beer at the same time, which doesn't really make sense either way. If you meant you can't buy ice at all, well I did when we were there, but I doubt that's what you meant cuz that'd be just plain stupid :p

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
"I don't need no stinkin' ice" I got a refrigerator!

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
You can buy all the beer (cold) and ice you want at any convenience store. It will just be 3.2% (max) alcohol. For stronger beer, you must go to a liquor store and it will be sold hot only. Also our genious lawmakers wouldn't change some tax inequalities with neighboring states so no high point Bud (and their other products) or Coors at all.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Luckily I just bought an enclosed trailer so I can haul in enough for me :)

Reminds me of the days when I lived in Utah and was forced to drive to Evanston on beer runs twice a month:aj:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Two words for you folks with warm beer. Dry Ice put warm beer in cooler with DI and return from 30 minutes of riding to a nice COLD barley pop. :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?

3.2 beer might be a good idea for me. If I take a load of Newcastle, I won't do much riding. I'd hate to go all the way to OK just so I could sit around and whine about my hangover. :confused:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
JP, where do you come up with it :)

Being from Iowa, 3.2 beer isn't an issue with me. Like Pleaser, I'm thinkin' high octane beer would probably just put me in the lawn chair with a hangover all day.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Tell ya what... if your body can tell the difference between 3.2 and "real" beer (typically in the 4% range), you're pretty sensitive. Unless you go for the most content you can find in beer (most I've seen is 5%?)... even then, you are talking about a dif of 1.5%...

Honestly, unless you get into higher-end beer, there is no dif in the taste of typical beer (mass production stuff) either. Never really uunderstood what the big deal was for the consumer. The state didn't pass the law to limit the amount of alcohol in beer, rather to limit what could be sold/where.

That being said, yardwork beer is fine, I doubt I'd be excited about 3.2 Sammies though, even though I'm not sure if the content makes a diff in taste.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
FYI: Beer cannot be sold between the hours of 2am and 6am here.

Liquor stores are also closed on Sundays.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm with Okie ... quantity not quality. Reminds me of the time I took 17 cases of Texas Pride for my 4 man crew in our 88 at Fort Hood .... 85 tons, four semi-drunks and God only know how many acres ....

OK, I'm back ... also remember Okie's comment for another thread .... no glass, so I'll be bringing my Shiner Bock and Lone Star in cans. One Shiner followed by how ever many Lone Star. :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Yeah, it's probably all mental, but i swear the higher octane stuff is smoother.

mkuder

Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by RoosteR13
Yeah, it's probably all mental, but i swear the higher octane stuff is smoother.

l have to agree the Domestic from other states is much easier to drink than the local okie, watered down, bad tasteing, burping-n-pi$&in every 10 minutes stuff. whew bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppp :)

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
What was Okie's comment about "no glass"? Darn, now I'm worried because good beer comes in glass :ugg:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okie's comment about "no glass" was "no glass" :p

Okie also commented that while we would not and could not check vehicles/campsites for alcoholic beverages, we do not suggest that anyone bring alcohol to DirtWeek.

One rule that will be inforced without hesitation... should someone bring booze to DW, drink it and then operate a motor vehicle of any kind... they should expect to be removed from the property. I hate the phrase, but it applies: ZERO TOLERANCE. Drink and ride and you are gone rather you live down the street or across the country.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Unless you go for the most content you can find in beer (most I've seen is 5%?)...

5% :confused: HAHAH, man you guys would be dead after a few Canadian brew's.........5% LOL! ;)

I have to admit a wildcat at 7.3%? (Cam?) is a pretty strong beer.

There is even stronger beer's but they are pretty rank and you wouldn't catch me drinking one!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I may forego alcohol completely. I'd hate to be the only guy in history to get deleted from Dirtweek. :o

Lemming, I've seen Guinness and Hineys in cans. It's a start. . .

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Zero Tolerance sounds great. Family event from what I've been reading and looking forward to just that :D

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
nor does it particularly interest me

:scream:

WHAT?

I was going to bring you some of Canada's finest next year chilled to perfection (no NOT me, BEER LOL :confused: )but, phhh now ill just go drink it myself ;)

Have you had a molson you hoser? :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
One rule that will be inforced without hesitation... should someone bring booze to DW, drink it and then operate a motor vehicle of any kind... they should expect to be removed from the property. I hate the phrase, but it applies: ZERO TOLERANCE. Drink and ride and you are gone rather you live down the street or across the country.

I am total agreement. I like beer, but will not even ride to the toilet after having one.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Okie...... :moon: LOL!!

How bout a Labatt Blue? :ugg:

To tell you the truth I don't even drink beer :eek: Nor do I drink at all really, I do enjoy a Bud every now and again, but it's hard to beat a Canadian.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Honestly there is enough fun without the adult beverages but I will also admit I had a couple (literally) the whole time last year, but that was Oldguys fault ;)

Top Bottom