thermal

Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Tell ya what... if your body can tell the difference between 3.2 and "real" beer (typically in the 4% range), you're pretty sensitive. Unless you go for the most content you can find in beer (most I've seen is 5%?)... even then, you are talking about a dif of 1.5%...

Honestly, unless you get into higher-end beer, there is no dif in the taste of typical beer (mass production stuff) either. Never really uunderstood what the big deal was for the consumer. The state didn't pass the law to limit the amount of alcohol in beer, rather to limit what could be sold/where.

That being said, yardwork beer is fine, I doubt I'd be excited about 3.2 Sammies though, even though I'm not sure if the content makes a diff in taste.

I do not know what "real beer" you are drinking....but real beer is 8-10% min. I drink beer from Germany, Holland and Belgium and it is all 8-10%. Only the popular brands from Europe are 5% and that is mostly because alot of states have beer % laws around 6% max.

And your quote about no difference in taste...no you have a nose?

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Indulgence at it's best.

I only drink after I ride. :cool:

Thanks for the replys... I am planning the trip for next year, my cuz just got back from cooperland and Ponca with some cool storys and just got me going even more. Sorry I won't be there this year because my website and the shop is my priority right now.

Have fun. :confused:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Having spent a little time at Ft. Sill when I was a beer drinker, I have to disagree with those who think 3.2 beer tastes similar to "real" beer. :)

Folks, not to be a stick in the mud here...but isn't the legal drinking age in Oklahoma 21? I think that if laws are broken under our charge, it would not look too good, especially if we are hoping for national exposure...
Just some food (cereal and hops) for thought.

And one mor4e comment on the drinking thing, and I'll quit. :)
The no glass thing is a very good thing...I know that every time someone would throw a bottle into the fire at Wardy's, I would cringe.
Folks, they don't always melt down. Not a real good idea in a bike park. (shrug)

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
VERY good point Jaybird, and you are right about Fort Sill. Killed a few brain cells there myself in 1971.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thanks Jaybird...
Add this one to the list of "get invited to leave" ... underage. A MASSIVE no-no.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
... underage. A MASSIVE no-no.

:confused:

Well hmmm......When I come out for DW03 there will be no beer for me then :cool:
Even in one year and how many weeks till the next one im still not legal in Cooperland :confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I don't need a reason to NOT be able to go next year.:D Not that an adult beverage isn't warranted but, it can wait till I get back into sunny SoCal. ;) Need to keep a watchful eye on my Zuki anyway.:)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Let's see .... If Elk stays up for 2 days driving and 5 days at DW02 watching his bike he won't need any libations ... He'll be punch drunk by Wednesday. :eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yeah, funny when it doesn't involve you!:):moon: What's a libation anyway?

MX, go to your corner, that's meant for the smack talk thread!:);) I'm bringing shrink wrap anyway, just in case.:D

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
BEER!? i have a hard enough time staying on, without adding that factor to the picture. I am sure that I can find enough other antics to keep me in good spirits! cheese whiz anyone??

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Just wanted to add that my cousin is of age, not riding, not racing, just working and does drink cold beer over the 3.2%. Am I the only one possibly? I think that I will attend an AA meeting just b/c I started this thread. :o

ENDO=12 STEPS

See what happens when I don't go riding one week. :uh:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
Having spent time in Germany, drinking beer made by monks...

MMMMMM... Kreutzburg I miss Fulda ;)
If memory serves me right it was 9.9%. There was this little sign over the beer hall door in German that said somethig about 2 beers and you will have trouble walking back down the moutain. Good disclaimer because it was right :scream:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Sure have, I have about 10 books of pictures around here somewhere of all my wanderings throughout Europa, one of my favorites is me sitting under the crosses at the top. My unit Alpha Troop of the 11th Armored Cav. used to have a unit party once a month and would always have a keg of the stuff. Man it was good! Something about drinking beer brewed by monks at the end of a long month made everything seem soooo right ;)

Okie, where else did your trip to Germany take you? If you make it over there again you need to hit Luxemborg. The go nuts over Americans. They have a weeklong celebration in the Spring called "Patton Days" to celebrate the liberation from the Nazi's. You'll never have to buy a drink :cool:

Last edited:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
first you say Kreutzberg, been up there a few times over the past 15 years; how many steps? about 300 if I remember well. It was aptly named for "mountain of the crosses"; it was a major climb and you could say a thankyou prayer when you got to the crosses! I remember Okie getting happy after a few of the monks' beer: Zum Wohl!
Then Luxembourg........ we know them places. Well, I know Lux pretty well, I lived only about 18 years in that there place. In fact that's where I was introduced to MX, on 250cc Maicos. (picture in my gallery). Patton, the General of the Third "Cognac" Army was my first real live hero. In fact the "liberation date was "Sept 10, 1944", am glad it was not a day later!.....a subject fit for a bomb-fire evening!
One of the benefits of working with German companies is the fact that you can have them ship a few bottles of local beer at Christmas time, for personal consumption. We used to get a few cases of Karmeliter beer (made by Carmelite monks originally)....
Prosit!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Pokie,
Could you get me on that X-mas mailing list? :)

Yeah I really miss Deutchland and hope to go back after my commissioning. Europa was fun as an enlisted man, I wonder how much better it will be as an officer? ;)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
yup, just got back from Canada, 5% was the mainstream stuff, 4% was "light", and it was common to see 7-10% "heavy beer" or "forte"...agreed that the flavor suffers tho.

Molson Golden--good stuff!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Get the picture of our R.U.B.'s. :p

Attachments

• oklahomahellsangels.jpg
    oklahomahellsangels.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 113

Top Bottom