jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
ok so i took my 79 xl100 out the other day, kicked it over a few times, and it ran. It still had some fuel stabilizer in it so i drained the gas and put in fresh. Several days later i try to start the bike again but im not getting anything. Today i took out and cleaned the carb well(everything looked good) and still nothing. I put a litte bit of gas into the spark plug hole and fired it up and it did run for a few seconds. Its like i'm not getting fuel now..what gives?

jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
I checked and still have spark. As for the plug it looks a little on the black side but after a quick clean it seemed to give a pretty strong spark..

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Check your carb again.

Sounds like you have a clogged pilot jet. Did you remove the pilot jet and look through it? Also, when the pilot jet is out, remove the air adjustment screw and blow compressed air in the hole. Air should come out of the pilot jet hole when you do this. If it doesn't your pilot/air passage is clogged also.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Get a new plug and check to see that fuel comes out the line when you turn on the petcock. If you have fuel through the line and a fresh plug but still no start it's a carb problem. Did you disassemble the carb to clean it?

jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
Ok I got the bike running.. i'm not sure what fixed it..beacause the day I cleaned the carb it wouldn't start. after letting it sit overnight it fired up right away. Not sure what the problem was but i'm happy now its fixed

Top Bottom