BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Hey vintage guys, as an old guy myself I am thinking that I might need to get an older motocrosser to restore and possibly race. My favorite to look at was the 73-75 Honda Elsinores. Are these collectable now? What I am thinking is that I don't really want
a true collector's item more a hobby piece. are they available and what kind of price range? Would they be more practical than a Husky form the same era? Any help in this regrd will be greatly appreciated.:)

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Beef, yes they are quite collectable, and their price generally reflects it.

They are so popular for vintage racing now for the same reasons as "back in the day". When lined up against other machines from the same era, they still romp.

On the bright side, their popularity has launched somewhat of a cottage industry for elsinore parts.

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Over the winter I did a total tear down and rebuild on 2 Elsinore 250 engines. The parts are available at a good price and that is important. Just last Sunday at my first enduro of the season a guy sold a nice 74 at a good price. So I would say that the 74 & 75 Elsinore is a good bike to play with. Watch out for the early versions because they had weak trannies.

bro

Mar 21, 2002
I just sold a '74 250 for $600. Excellent condition but it wasn't original. I had laid down the shocks and shortened the swingarm back when it was popular (76-77 ?). I don't really know if that is hi or low for price.

Watch out for those kickstarters, they can really bite back. I remember taking a friend of mine for stitches when he tried to start it without boots!

Good Luck.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Thanks for the replies, guys. I have been looking on E-bay and scanning our local paper. The '73-'74 Elsinores and mid 79's Huskie are the ones that float my boat. If Uncle Sam is timely with his refund, then I might just have a new hobby, or new part of one!;)

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Older Hondas.... make beautiful lovers.... oops, er wrong lyrics, but that's the way it should be. I never had one of the more desirable bikes, but I really loved my MR175 and my TL125;)

ELSINORE_45

Feb 27, 2002
The ELSINORE,is a great bike .I have 4 of them all rebulit n race ready.74 CR250 M I Ifound this bike at a car junk yard was the owners sons bike ,at one time had a front flat n was never replaced so it sit without wheel from 74 too 1999. everthing alll oem stock bars were even stright , 100.00 and it was ALIVE and 50.oo bucks for front wheel n tire and dats all she wrote .So look around ,there out there I have seen them as high as 2400.00 to 600.oo which is a steal by any means good luck n finding one ,just rember were your roots started from ( HONDA ELSINORE CR250 M ) the grand daddy of your 02 CR250 j/k lol ELSI _45

FireBelly

Aug 15, 2001
By The Way.... Im Selling It, So If Anyones Interested, Send Me A PM. Its Posted in The Bikes Section For Sale, And The Title Is 4 Sale Or Trade.

500_boy

Jan 3, 2004
What do you guys think about the 78s, a friend of mine wants to sell his, he says $300CDN, I told him I would give him $100, mabye $150, it needs a new stator he says, but other than that it will start, I have looked at it, and its in good condition. What do you guys think? Good bike for restoring?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom