Colorado

Apr 2, 2005
Hey all,

My 78 IT400 has a mikuni with a float set up I'm unfamiliar with. The floats are not attatched to the float arm. Instead, they ride up and down on pins in the float bowl. This is giving me some problems adjusting the float level, and my Clymer's isn't very clear.

The setting is .71 inches from the carb body at the bowl gasket surface to either the end of the float arm, or to a point about an inch past the carb if I drew lines from the arm and carb gasket surface. I hope my description is clear, because it is a little difficult to describe. The Clymer's has a photo of the carb, upside down, with lines drawn from the gasket surface and the end of the arm. The lines extend past the carb, and about an inch from the edge of the float bowl area two arrows drawn pointing to those lines. The lines look pretty close to parallel in the photo, but when I set my float it didn't work out that way.

I measured directly from the gasket area to the end of the float arm and bent the tang to get .71. If I took a photo and drew lines like the Clymer's does My float arm line would be opening up at an angle from the base line off of the carb body. Buy the time it got to the place Clymer drew arrows it would be much more than .71.

The bike isn't running bad with it set this way, but when I turn it off I sometimes get a surge of fuel through the overflow lines. That makes me think something is set wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Colorado.

Check your original post.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom