Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Gents,

Just heard from Rick at TBTR. He got a call from Tonya with the OMA folks. They got some questions about the Team stuff and are willing to run it on Sunday now. It would be one class only, but we would pay points for both L and H. It would be on the main bike course, and the race would go for approx 2.5 hours.

This would give those team riders who do not want to ride quad trail on Sat a chance to ride the main bike course during the main event on Sunday.

Thoughts? I know this is last minute, but I think it's cool that they're willing to work with us (compromise ;) ).

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
I have heard from both sides of the fence and reported back to Kidner. It looks like we will be having a vote at Valley from the Team riders as to what to do with this issue.

The other side of the coin is that some have already made commitments based on the race being planned for Saturday, which I understand the issue/complaint with making a last minute switch.

Good thing we don't live in Fla, or else Kidner and I would be counting hanging chads way into the night.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yam7M said:
I have heard from both sides of the fence and reported back to Kidner. It looks like we will be having a vote at Valley from the Team riders as to what to do with this issue.

The other side of the coin is that some have already made commitments based on the race being planned for Saturday, which I understand the issue/complaint with making a last minute switch.

Good thing we don't live in Fla, or else Kidner and I would be counting hanging chads way into the night.

Don't hang your hat on the DW/Bersano team vote. Bret is broke and hung over and DW can't make up his mind until the last minute. But ya hewill probably maybe be there if this and that don't get in the way.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
Don't hang your hat on the DW/Bersano team vote.

Why not? We have only won the 07" & 08' Heavy Team championships.....Shouldn't that count for something?...Short Nuts :laugh:

That was the most fun about our team as nothings was planed out - Just done on da fly :ride: :cool:

PS. I'll be at VTR with a new partner for the team class :nod: Should be a lot of fun Sunday. Will it be OK to give you a helmet slap to wake you up as I'm going by you Freddy?

The voting idea at VTR is a good thing Mark - Hopefully your point chasers can come to an agreement :cool:

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Will it be OK to give you a helmet slap to wake you up as I'm going by you Freddy?

:cool:

It would be my pleasure, I need to stay alert. :cool: Give me a yell first and I'll stick a carrot stick out for ya. Let me know where your cooler is after the race for refreshments too. ;)

Oh ya I'll be trying a new needle jet in the 200 this weekend suggested by some guy with cabbage beath. :whoa:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
I know you will be diggin it - Mums da word :cool:

Thanks cabbage patch, I'll let ya know after I steal a cool one from your cooler.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Duffy and I will vote for a Sunday race, but we will not be disappointed if it goes back to a Saturday 1 hour event on quad trial :cool:

I think those that are riding the 2009 team series and those that intend to actually ride the event should be the ones that vote (my dog Taco has no say).

The vote is a good idea :cool:

DW can play with his needle in a bed of mums. :nener:

We tried the Langston PV setting for Bent Wheels and liked it allot - Thank you Mr. Langston

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
The "vote" is the only way to go here guys. Like I have always maintained...you'll never make everyone happy all of the time.... :yell:

I just hope that we don't have to have a one hour discussion on who is elligible to vote....jeez. :bang: That one won't be open for discussion....that will be on your elected chairman's shoulders.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
With a quick response requested from the OMA folks, are they OK to wait until next week?

Again, I am OK ether way on the day. I am not trying to have a battle on this, although I do enjoy them as you know.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Yes, they are OK with waiting until Sunday night, which is when I'll call Rick at TBTR, as soon as I get cell reception in Gladwin. I guess that it will cause some problems for them with regards to trophies though. Oh well, you've already got enough of those.

We're all well aware that you enjoy your battles. :whoa:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Marko,

Do you have a address for this event that I can feed into a gps? - our site only gets you to Copmish.

Additionally, I think BK made the correct decision on the Saturday/Sunday deal even though it was not my choice.

Any other L teams planning to ride? Shagy?

I am 80% - riding solo in "L"

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Fred,

No address on this one, you'll have to go old school, I guess. Below is a link to a google map. If you plugged in the address for the Bucksnort Bar (106 W. Mesick Rd, Mesick, MI, 49668) in Mesick, that would get you to the intersection of M37 (from the south) and M115...(M115 runs West-N/W out of Cadillac). If you continue W/N-W out of Mesick, just prior to getting into the booming metropolis of Copemish, Read rd veers to the left only. The track is right there, on Read Rd....only a stone throw from M115.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...-85.915318&spn=0.027746,0.054932&z=14&iwloc=A

This is the best I can do. It's incredibly easy to find. They will have many signs on the road and Moose arrows along the road as well.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Fred
If you want to learn how to follow arrows ride the enduro sunday. :cool: You will get to stop from time to time and wipe the dome off. There's even some mx track on the course.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Thanks for the directions Mark :cool:

Thanks also to Fred T for the advice - not going to happen this weekend but, I will ride an enduro in the future - I do suck at following arrows, I turned around at BW be cause I thought I was lost and I did get lost at VTR. I have learned to back track rather than find trial and ride it after I re-road about a mile or so at BC last year.

Top Bottom