Omaha, NE Motocross Scene

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
What is the MX scene like around Omaha? How many tracks within 100mi., quality of the tracks, type of dirt, dealers, ect...
How many of you guys live near there??
I'm considering a position in Omaha. I already know that I will miss riding Dec - March here in Houston if I go.
Thanks guys!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I don't know about any private tracks, but the AMA doesn't even list any tracks in NE, and there are very few in IA. If you move to Omaha, you will quickly learn why those of us stuck here in IA/NE are dying to get out. Unless you like to drive half way across the state for good ridng (good = better than a corn field)

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
on MXA's website, there are a few tracks that sound decent, but they are all atleast 250 miles away from Omaha. There are 2 or 3 listed near Omaha, but sound like they are built in someone's backyard.
Recently, Texas has gotten some new tracks(Cycle Ranch, San Jacinto) that are awesome. Not to mention Swan, Lake Whitney and Mosier.
Damn! What's more important: Money or riding? Too bad they're so intertwined!

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
However if you want to ride Hare Scrambles and Enduros Iowa is a good place to be.

Go here for info: www.iera22.com

Also there are a few tracks out that way that are not AMA. That doesn't mean they are good or bad. You'd just have to check them out.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…