YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well Monday Night anyways.

P1010002.jpg

Well we got in our yearly Rifle season Night ride again. This time is was Young Ted that got the pot stired up last week with an email to me asking about a possible ride. And as they say... "when Ted says we ride....WE RIDE!"

Saturday night was spent in my Kitchen spooning on studded tires and installing my spare bulb in the KTM's headlight (this pumpkin has an appetite for light bulbs...more on that latter)

Monday comes around and no snow. It all melted Sunday night. Bummer. But by Noon we were blessed with a nice wet coating of slop...Excelent.

We met up at the trail head around 6sh and began our preperations.

The 5 players would be Crazytrails and his dad Scooter. The Captain and YT1 (YT2 was mysteriousely absent this evening) And myself.

As I warm up my bike I notice a flicker and the low beam blows out again. Crap... Hit the Hi beam switch and the switch is locked up. Saturday night I installed a new knob on the KTM switch and locktited it on...Well the locktite seaped down into the switch rendering it inoperable. Double crap. Install spare bulb and I have low beam again....For about 20 feet and it blows before I get outta the parking lot. CRAP! I had a LED flashlight duct taped to my helmet... I guess that is going to have to work. Off we go. It was not good. I was flying blind. After a mile or so I get an idea. Pull the bulb out and rotate it 180 deg and mash it back in the holder so the low beam is now the high beam. SUCCESS! I have light. Much better.

Crazy is leading the way on his RM250 complete with snowmobile studded tires. Then me with my new Trelly's (me likes) then YT1 and Inca, the Captn on an oooold KLX 250 minus studs then Scooter on his CR250. Were rollin.

Till we hit an opening of downed trees. The trail went left and I went right. The game was on. None of us could find the trail. We were winging it thru the woods over logs and stumps trying to locate the trail. We finialy decide to backtrack to the last known trail spotting and go from there again. And sure enough there was the trail.....but no scooter. Turn off all the bikes and cant hear him anywhere...Game on! Finally Crazy and the CPTN head back to try and find him while Ted and I hang back and wait. Soon we see a light straight ahead...Then one to the left...then another to the right...This is getting fun!

Once we were all back together things went along pretty well.

Crazy's back tire went flat.

YT1 tipped over while Scooter and the CPTN offerd moral support on how to get outta his situation. Such good friends they are.

And on and on we went. Oh and it was snowing big wet heavy snow flakes. We were soaked. Goggles were useless and were hanging around my neck after the 1st mile.

I did a nice double pinball shoulder check off 2 trees......ouch....And on we went.

The Cptn rolls up with his rear brake lever bent around his footpeg. A few kicks latter and it is looking better than OEM

Came across several areas were all the leaves in the trail were all torn up instead of a nice white covering of snow. Deer at play?

A mile later there are 3-4 deer running away into the darkness.

The last few miles Crazy and I are wicking it up pretty good. I think crazy is just playing with me but it was fun none the less. Trying to wheelie thru the woops when you cant see the ground is....FUN!

Back at the parking lot by 8:30. Loaded up and headed to a restraunt for food, drinks and lots of good benchracing.

Another Sucessfull meeting of the On Any Monday riders goes off without a hitch.

Till next time fellas. Ill be waiting :cool:

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Lol...Yea Ted is one of a kind.

I got no pictures. Wife used the digital camera last and cant find the charger now. Arghhhh

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Sounds like fun, I hit the woods by my house and rode at night for an hour and a half with a newbie. This made me consider more night riding. I might have to put the cold cutters on, i know they wont work when snow gets really deep.

But the last sunday nite my front light went out, filament looked good, grabbed the connecter behind the front lense and it came on for a second, but wont come back on.
I noticed the bulb has a grove on it on one of the 2 dimples on the bulb. You think it is likely the bulb ? Seems that bulb rests a little loose to. Last ride I had with Crazy was at the champ chaos this year.

Anyhoo, if anyone has anything to add about my bulb sit. that would be great.

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
I recently purchased a PMXTEC headlight upgrade kit for my buddy dustin.. it replaces the stock bulb with a halogen 65 watt osram.. You will never believe the difference. its amazing.. any ktm rider should have one..www.pmxtec.com :cool: highly recommended, i actually called the company to tell them how nice it is.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I installed a new knob on the KTM switch and locktited it on...Well the locktite seaped down into the switch rendering it inoperable.

Been there, done that.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
BadgerMan said:
Been there, done that.

Ahh haa...so its not just me :)

New switch is sitting in my truck.

I installed that PMXtec light kit this week. MUCH MUCH BETTER

Top Bottom