One Industries Terminates Contract of Ryan Dungey

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
San Diego, CA

Effective immediately, ONE Industries is terminating our 3 year contract with Ryan Dungey as a result of the recent events that have transpired during the last week.

"ONE Industries is an icon in the industry and when we launched our motocross apparel line we wanted to work with riders that we believed shared our ambitions and vision for the brand," says Danny Dobey, ONE Industries Brand Manager.

"Because our business is continually developing and growing in multiple directions we seek out riders and teams who want to contribute to the exciting and positive things we do, our introduction of Ryan showed the level of commitment and investment we were making in this project," adds Russ Koza, Marketing Manager of ONE Industries.

Neil Calvesbert, CEO of ONE Industries, comments, "We signed a 3 year contract with Ryan and we were looking beyond that with the brand, so nobody enjoyed making this decision. Everyone involved with ONE Industries gives 100% to the company, the teams and riders we work with and I would like to thank them for their devotion, professionalism and nobility throughout the events that took place at Anaheim."

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/one-industries-and-ryan-dungey-part-ways.aspx

Guess One wasn't thrilled with Ryan's behavior at A1 and threats that he was going to terminate his contract over them signing Jason Lawrence.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Maybe he will end up at Fly Racing? :coocoo:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
No One Industries stuff for me either.
Since they now sponsor Jerk-Law, I think prison-stripe gear would be appropriate.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
At least Ryan has a little personal integrity. Something that is sorely missing from many, many people these days.

Certainly didn't hurt him any. Fox gear just picked him up.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
nahh, I'm not kidding at all. I'm old. I remember the real bad boys in our sport, a la Hannah...I have no room for pretenders like J-law (there is more to it than just being a good rider), and since it's my pocket book, I vote with it the way I feel is right.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Ol'89r said:
At least Ryan has a little personal integrity. Something that is sorely missing from many, many people these days.

Certainly didn't hurt him any. Fox gear just picked him up.

Integrity yes, Diplomacy no. He should have controlled his emotions a bit more and not aired his frustrations in public. I think he would have had more success meeting privately with ONE about it. Then again, hindsight is 20/20.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Micahdawg said:
Integrity yes, Diplomacy no. He should have controlled his emotions a bit more and not aired his frustrations in public. .

Yeah! Kinda' like Lawerence controls his emotions. :rotfl:

RD's lucky he was wearing a helmet or he might be missing an ear. :yikes:

Don't forget, this stuff sells tickets.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Ol'89r said:

That's the nitty gritty.

tweek49

Dec 30, 2006
Wolf said:
nahh, I'm not kidding at all. I'm old. I remember the real bad boys in our sport, a la Hannah...I have no room for pretenders like J-law (there is more to it than just being a good rider), and since it's my pocket book, I vote with it the way I feel is right.

No, I meant Dungey terminating his contract with ONE just because he was on a team with J-Law.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Ol'89r said:
Yeah! Kinda' like Lawerence controls his emotions. :rotfl:

RD's lucky he was wearing a helmet or he might be missing an ear. :yikes:

Not only old, but Smart too :cool: :ride:

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
There is more to this back behind the walls than it seems.....

Dungey asked ONE that they not sign Lawrence because Dungey didn't want to have to be seen in any adds with Lawrence. ONE got greedy and wanted both sides of the coin. They wanted to have a "good versus evil, but still ONE" type of thing. So Dungey asked to get out of the deal, he did not want anything to do with that angle. The only way ONE agreed to let him out without a penalty was to be them terminating his deal and to do that Dungey had to sign with another gear company. Fox just about immediately jumped into the mix, as they tried to get Dungey prior to him going to ONE.

I don't blame Dungey........he did what he felt was right.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Where are you getting this info if you don't mind me asking?

It seems pretty clear to me that if Dungey absolutely positively couldn't handle being associated with Lawrence, that he make it a mandatory part of the contract that he not appear in any ads with Lawrence or otherwise be associated with him. Presto, fixed. If One wouldn't go for that, then he didn't have to sign and could shop elsewhere.

To not have that as a part of his contract just invites a mess like this. He obviously wasn't too hung up with making the deal with ONE work, if he was so quick to threaten to leave. I dunno....just weird. I think he needs to just quit talking about him because all it does is prove Lawrence really is in his head. And any questions from Erin should be met with "No Comment."

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Micahdawg said:
It seems pretty clear to me that if Dungey absolutely positively couldn't handle being associated with Lawrence, that he make it a mandatory part of the contract that he not appear in any ads with Lawrence or otherwise be associated with him. Presto, fixed. If One wouldn't go for that, then he didn't have to sign and could shop elsewhere.
That would be great, but I believe they signed Dungey well before they signed Lawrence. Dungey did not know Lawrence would be going to One (heck, I don't think Lawrence did either) so it was a non-issue at that point.

tweek49

Dec 30, 2006
I just don't see what the big deal is. Terminating a contract just because he was on a team with someone he doesn't care for? That's something I barely even see in high school, the teenage girls at least act like they like the other one THEN talk **** behind they're back? :ugg:

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
XRpredator said:
That would be great, but I believe they signed Dungey well before they signed Lawrence. Dungey did not know Lawrence would be going to One (heck, I don't think Lawrence did either) so it was a non-issue at that point.

Like I said, if it's that big of a deal, then he should be putting it in all his contracts. If Lawrence ends up twiggin back on a Rockstar, is RD going to refuse to drink Rockstar?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Dungey just doesn't want to be associated with a jackass punk like JL. It's not complicated.

Top Bottom