Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I don't have a lot of time to post right now.  Like most, I have a mountain of work that has piled up on my desk, and I have to leave in the morning on a biz trip.  But, I wanted to point out this phenomenon that I hadn't really noticed the last three times that I've been out there.

As I walked around the pits on Saturday, I chatted with a few people and one recurring theme kept popping up in our conversations.  Many said, "This really wasn't the best time for me to be leaving...(insert work, or home) but, I came anyway."

Well, I was one of those people.  I had every reason in the world to not go.  I currently have enough going on at work to keep 3 people busy.  But, I went anyway.

So, I Sunday morning, I realized that other than talking to my wife twice on the phone to check on her and the kids, I had no idea what was going on with the rest of the world.  I had no contact with my Voice Mail or e-mail. 

It was like someone had pushed the giant pause button.  Wrench and I stood in the rain on Saturday night and discussed the fact that we had no idea what had happened in the Alabama vs. Georgia game.  Our motorhome had a sattelite dish, but the only time we turned it on was to check the weather.

DW will whip your body physically, but it's a great escape and a place to recharge your mental batteries.  I remember asking someone on the starting line of the Tag-team HS if he would rather be at work at 10:00am on a Friday.  What's better than racing bikes, or splashing through the mud with your buddies?  Answer:  Nothing.

Now all I need to make the week complete is a long post from Jeff Gilbert.

B

biglou

Talk about "hitting the pause button", I remember several times having to ask someone what day it was! :thumb:

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
You're right on the money Tim. I can't believe how much I missed but I'm not sure I really "missed" it...

Great Time! I too have a bunch to say but no time to say it right now.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I agree Tim...I checked my voicemail and called my bf daily, but other than that...I had no idea what was going on. It wasn't until the plane trip home that I realized it was October!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I still don't know what day it is. :laugh:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Very well, said. I feel the stress cleansed away from my body. I never checked my voicemail since I knew if it was urgent the right people had my cell phone #. Sure, things piled up but they always do. It was my first DW and ya'll are going to have to put up with me each year from now on!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by Timr
Wrench and I stood in the rain on Saturday night and discussed the fact that we had no idea what had happened in the Alabama vs. Georgia game

Now that we are back to reality ... I think that you owe me a Dinner! :yeehaw: Go DAWGS!!!!!

wrench

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I'll buy you a snow cone from Jack and Diane's next year.  Just kidding.  We'll work something out.  Looks like we lost two QBs in that game.

[weak/] Roll Tide!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by Timr
I'll buy you a snow cone from Jack and Diane's next year. 
[weak/] Roll Tide!

LOL ... That will work

Looks like we lost two QBs in that game.

Yea it was not a good time for the 'bamma bunch! :moon:

wrench

Top Bottom