ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
I've been thinking about going back to school now for a little while, and was wondering if anyone has any useful input about online colleges? With my work schedule they seem like the logical choice...

More Particularly I've been thinking I've looked into Grantham University, because they have an electrical/electronics engineering degree which is what I am interested in. Just on a quick google search though I've read mixed reviews some praising Grantham, and some absolutely bashing them.

I guess the most important thing I am looking for is the actual learning (shouldn't it always be that way??)
I have a 4-year degree from a traditional brick and mortar school so I am not too worried about credits transferring. I wouldn't be trying to go anywhere else after this. Looking reputable on a resume is a plus, but like I say the most important thing is the actual education. Price, while a consideration, is also a less important factor.

I have a good job now, just in a different area then what my current degree is in. My main motivation for this is to get better at what I'm doing now and open some doors up for the future. If anyone has useful experience or advice let me know. Thanks. Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaap on.

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
I took Child Psychology,Medical Terminology, Computer 101 and OSHA's Safety Supervisors class all online thru Indiana University,get the schedule of classes and look at distance education. Not worried about transfer credits? I would,when I transferred from Indiana University Northwest to Indiana University/Purdue University Indianapolis they would only accept half of my credits and that was a interschool transfer!! So better think twice dont think they'll take them all.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My wife did a program through Texas Tech on line and found it very easy to use and a great way to deal with schooling on our busy schedule. This is actually the third time she has re-educated, the first was before we were married and she was just out of high school. Then shortly after our son was born she attended the University of Texas which was a really tough schedule with work so I was pretty much Mr. Mom. The the on-line program was more self paced so she could get a couple hours in the evening when things settled down.

Top Bottom