Only in America?? only in Chicago!!

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Last night I went to the Hawks game at the United Center.All went well untill I walked out to my car afetr the game.I was walkin along ,cut thru a parking lot driveway,two laner with not much room for pedestians when a guy lays on his horn for me to get out of his way-so there is a garbage can in my way-I signal him with my hand like let me get around this thing when he decides to rev her up and go around me and in the process hits my arm with his mirror(passeneger side).Next thin I know he locks 'em up ,jumps out of his car and proceeds to yell at me and accuse me of hiting his car.It soundes like this.....wudyouhitmykafo?.....so i ansewered him in his native tongue and said idudnut hityokaaayouhitmewithyomirrrr!!! then he says back to me youhitmykawithdatbowinyohannn.(the hawks handed out these cerealbowls for a promo)so I says back-dabow wasinmright hannandyou hitmyleft hannnn howkin ihityokaawith my lefhannn? on and on it went.I thought i mays as well have some fun with this and kept him going for a while. I have to tell ya,I was shocked after being hit and then be told I hit his car! But.......only in Chicago! Thanks.....I'll sleep better now : )

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What do you expect around the United Center? :| "Only on the south side of Chicago" is more accurate.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
This is all part of our keep the hicks in the sticks program here in the great city of Chicago. Thanks for participating in the program now please get back on the highway and get the hell out of here :confused:

Your story reminds me of a t-shirt I bought long ago at a store across the street from the Chicago Art Institute (a huge tourist area).

It was a picture of a flaming skull against an outline of the Chicago skyline and it said "Chicago, where the weak are killed and eaten" . The people from Iowa always seemed a little put off by it.

DAMN I love this city. :D

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Uh Oh, I’d better be careful here…

Thanks, Rich, for clarifying your important ethnicity program. Neither of us really wants our gene pools intermingled…Next time you are out riding, enjoying some of the “sticks,” please speak very slowly when thanking the “hicks” for the opportunity to ride on their land :scream:
All kidding aside, I probably love living in the country as much as Rich loves living in the city (quote: DAMN I love this city!). But I also enjoy visiting the Windy City on occasion – even as a geeky tourist! And I’ll graciously let Rich ride in our woods, even if his bike is a little shinier than ours!
I still crack up, though, at “wudyouhitmykafo?.....” I had that conversation with a guy at a toll booth in Chicago years back; geez, that was fun!
BTW, I think your shirt is cool… ummm, just in case… ;)

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Re: Uh Oh, I’d better be careful here…

Originally posted by Magoo

All kidding aside, I probably love living in the country as much as Rich loves living in the city (quote: DAMN I love this city!). But I also enjoy visiting the Windy City on occasion

I agree, I was born in Chicago and the wife and I go there at least 3 or 4 times a year but I would not want to live there. I love that city but a lot of things about it make me glad I live out in the sticks. :) :)

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Ah man you guys sound like a bunch of typical North Siders (LOL). Seriously the South side is a cool place you just have to know where to go.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by KXKen
Seriously the South side is a cool place you just have to know where to go.

It's the knowing where NOT to go that is far more valuable :eek:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I go to the "city" once in a while. I fully understand why people shoot each other driving down the road........mainly because they both likely deserve it? tell ya one thing, if you talk slower out here to us in the sticks, we will have the toleration levels to listen you out! well maybe not on some sundays!

wardy

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Where I come from (the sticks) it has the same sound but much slower rythmn. Such as ydya....hitma...cafo? Probably with the same sort of confusion but much slower

Top Bottom