woody_79

Sep 23, 2007
hey, i live in oshawa, ontario. im 15 with one year under my belt as far as dirtbiking goes. im lookin for someone within my age range to go riding with. replies? dont worry, im not some 40 y.o freak thatll ask u on a date or anything lol. i may have been riding for a year but id say im better tan most beginners so dont worry bout me being 30 seconds behind.

woody_79

Sep 23, 2007
o, also, i was wondering if anyone rides by themselves... i know in case u get lost u need a friend there but i mean in a public place... does anyone ride alone? i have no riding buddies (livin in the shwa and all) and it sucks...

Higgsy

Mar 23, 2005
woody_79 you need to check out the O.D.S.C web site there is lots of info in there. There is a bunch of people in your area that ride. Ganaraska forest is probably your best spot for riding in your area. O.F.T.R is another web site to check out also. I am going to going the club next year. Ontario needs to have more area to ride. We should be set up like Michigan is for trail riding. You put insurance on your bike and buy a ORV sticker for the year then your good to go as long as it's an ORV trail.

Last edited:

woody_79

Sep 23, 2007
i was already there a couple of times, but u need a liscence to go on most of the trails, something i dont have nor will i get anytime in the future...

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
woody_79 said:
i may have been riding for a year but id say im better tan most beginners so dont worry bout me being 30 seconds behind.

If I had a nickel for every fifteen year old who posted THAT comment... My vacation budget would be assured for eternity. :p

Welcome aboard.

Higgsy

Mar 23, 2005
Woody you don't need a street plate to ride in the woods. Just get an off road plate and insurance on your bike. If you haven't already. You don't have to have a licences to join the ODSC or the OFTR. The ODSC does plan rides were you need a blue plate for some of there rides. But you can use the site to hook up with guys to ride with. If you join the ODSC half of your $40 membership goes to the OFTR. Get in contact with riders in you area and I am sure I'll find more areas to ride. If you look again at the ODSC site some of the first post you'll read will say,
"going riding at ________ on Sunday anyone interested?"

And don't knock old guys, you could learn a lot riding with an experienced rider. I am sure there is some older riders with 20 or 30 years experience that could run circles around you and throw mud in your eye. :nener:

Last edited:

woody_79

Sep 23, 2007
Higgsy said:
don't knock old guys, you could learn a lot riding with an experienced rider. I am sure there is some older riders with 20 or 30 years experience that could run circles around you and throw mud in your eye. :nener:
lol i know, i meant like people in my age range, i can keep up... my bike is too slow to be able to keep up to a fll sized bike wide open... although i may be able to take you in the corners :P j/k

woody_79

Sep 23, 2007
Higgsy said:
Your KX 100 would make great woods weapon but your probably looking to ride at the MX tracks.
well, i'm not quite good enuf for track yet, although my brothers friend owns and operates one, its crazy and i was just in haliburton but we couldnt go to burnt river because it was raining (and we were all hungover) so it just wasnt a good idea... i like trail riding more ^.^

Top Bottom