Ooops Anyone riding in So. Cal 8/13-8/17?

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I messed up my dates from the previous post. Anyone riding around San Diego next week? I'd like to go riding with some fellow DRN'ers. Maybe Elsinore or even McCain's valley? Let me know if anyone is interested. My preference is doing some single track but I might be talked into the track at Elsinore.

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
I will probably be riding at Elsinore at least one day next week - maybe tuesday morning or wednesday morning. Let me know if you want to try to hook up.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
LT,

Where were you thinking about riding? I'd like to go to Terry's but Elsinore would be fine. If it's Elsinore we should go on Wednesday to meet up with MxDad and 454elk.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'm in. Where and when? I vote for single track in Corona.

Fred2 - McCain's Valley........ Where is it and what kind of terrain?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Elsinore is on for Wed. morning, 8-15, I'll be there around 8:30, give or take. Look for the white 66' El Camino, 01 rm250 #214. Be happy to meet fellow DRNer's. I usually park to the right of the grandstands so when I eat crap on the front table tops, I can limp to my elk!! See you there

Carlo

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
DAMN:(
I need a new job were I can ride during the weekdays!!

If anyone is interested in a evening ride at Elsinore I could make it(except this thursday, dinner at grandma's)??

Usually you can find me there on Saturday. (Sunday's are even more crowded:scream:)
I ride both tracks, but like to see how many laps I can get in on the Vet track.:p

I will be there this weekend too!!:p

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Thumbs,

I agree about the Corona ride. What day? I would like to start at around 8 and maybe ride till about 2 or 3. Or until the sun actually touches the ground. I hear it's been hot as hell up there.

McCain's valley, I think there's another name for it, is out highway 8 by Alpine. Sounds like some good single track. I've seen some descriptions of it here on DRN.

What about LT, Scar, Ol'89r?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Gotta work for the State! They don't really miss you when you're gone, sad but true. Still going to Elsinore during the day but am planning a nite ride at comp park soon. Will post thread for that event.
Elk

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I could do a morning loop on the 14th or 15th.

MXDad -- GET OUT ON THE TRAILS. NO MORE NANCY BOY'IN! If I could get back in the saddle, you can get out on the trails. Oh -- and if not -- well I can maybe get Connor to Elsinore in the am on the 20th or 21st. ;)

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Nancyboy'n??? OK, I admit it. I'm afraid of what O89'r does to us track ridin types. They do have the main track at Elsinore nice right now. It would be great to get out with you and Connor, just pick the day and Matt and I will be there. a454elk, fred2, J_dem_Bones, Thumbs and any other so cal DRNers - let me know when you're going out to either Perris or Elsinore, I usually try to go once or twice during the week. White Ford F150 and a yz250F #115.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
It sounds like Elsinore track on Wed. 8/15 in the morning. I'll be there.

Just look for the slow guy on the 00' cr with no graphics. I look good from far but I'm actually far from good. :)

Arm pump city here I come.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Sic

What kind of jobs do you guys have that let you ride during the week?:think
The Elsinore main track is my favorite layout (not too easy, not too hard).

Maybe I could be sick or something........

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Hey thumbs - I thought you voted for single track . . . that's my vote for the 15th. Fred? Scar? 89r? Up to you guys.

MxDad -- following week for track with the child'ns.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Sunrise Motorsports Park

Anybody ever been to Sunrise MX Park in Adelanto? Just curious since I went there last Saturday for my first time.

Although, my MOST favorite type of riding is the high-speed, single-track trails found in the dez.....some people refer to them as goat trails or no trails. Hmmm, gets my blood goin' just thinking 'bout 'em!!!!!:p Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh! :cool:

Last edited:

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I vote for the single track. But I could be talked in to Elsinore.

KTMster,
That place sounds like some fun. Can't wait to go there. Now you've got my blood a pump'n.

Let's decide on a day and a place cause I'm ready for some RIDING!!!!!

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey KTMster, fred2,

Looks like I'll be headed to either Sunrise or Glen Helen this Saturday morning. Sunrise is always well prepped and has a fun layout, and best of all small crowds :) . Glen Helen is always challenging, but is also very crowded. As soon as I can get some guys to agree on where to go, I'll let you know and maybe we could hook-up :cool:

Hopefully we'll be able to meet sometime soon...

Cliff

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
Hey thumbs - I thought you voted for single track . . . that's my vote for the 15th. Fred? Scar? 89r? Up to you guys.

LT

I'm in for either next wed. Ol89er and I were thinking/ talking about a Sun 8-12 pm Trail ride . email me for other details and /or let me know your plans. My new bike is sceaming at me to be ridden. :scream:

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I can't go Sunday but I can on Wednesday. Are we on for the AM? What's the temperature like up there these days? Or can we count on a downpour again? oh please, oh please.....

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Seein' as you started this, Fred-don't-call-me-George, I won't leave you hangin' on Wednesday. Early am single track if you're interested.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
LT, Fred, thumbs

Like I said I'm in where ever. Just let me know where and when. How early do you want to go on Wed. I may have a meeting at 8am I'd have to bail on.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Re: Sic

Originally posted by holeshot
What kind of jobs do you guys have that let you ride during the week?:think

It's nice to be the boss! (when the is CEO is not in the office)

Hey thumbs - I thought you voted for single track . . .

I did......at the time of my second post I thought that everyone was more in favor of the track.

So now it looks like Wednesday the 15th single track somewhere in Corona around 8 or 9am........Sweet!

Top Bottom