hug747

May 14, 2001
Does anybody have any opinion on which east coast AMA Pro Motocross they would rather see; trackside? I'm planning on trying to make my first one this year.

bwes93

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2000
I'm not sure of your location in Illinois but Red Bud and Millville are both good ones to go watch. Troy is more of a outdoor supercross track. Those are the closest ones to Illinois.

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Red Bud is a great place. Nationals on July 1st. Been there every year for the last 4 years and wouldn't miss it for anything.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Red Bud or Millville, they are both great to watch:cool: You can see more of Millville from one location then you can of Red Bud (M.O) Sand section at MV is a good place to watch, if you sit in the center of the hills you can see about 75% of the track. Red Bud, you watch the front or the back half, La Rocco leap in the back half is a great place to watch, or the double double on the front half, you'll have a great time at either ;)

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Red Bud is entertaining, I've been there a number of times, although the crowds can be brutal exiting, but I'm sure that can be said for all the nationals. The riders seem to like Delmont and Binghampton on the east coast real well, and I've heard a lot of positive things about Millville, MN. I think you would enjoy any of them. Pick one that's convenient and enjoy!

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Sputhwick is nice, but it gets REALLY crowded. You can see 90% of the track from one place and it is really easy to get into the infield if you want to.

FJP467

Nov 26, 2000
If you have a chacne to go to Budds creek...do it. You will not be disappointed. It is a great place to watch a race. You can see most of the track and the racing is always close. IMO it is the coolest track in the series.

hug747

May 14, 2001
Thanks for all the information. Looks like this year it might be either Red Bud or Troy; maybe both if the better half permits. :)

smilinicon

Feb 20, 2001
Red Bud will be adding another spectator exit this year. They purchased the 60 acres behind the track near where they had the Pro pit entry. Hopefully it will reduce exiting time a bit.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
Red Bud has never been disappointing. I wouldn't sit in one place for the whole race. You have to check out the whole track to appreciate what these guys go through. Saturday night before the race is mayhem in the camping area. They have divided the camping into two sections, one for families and one for partiers. If you stay in the party area, plan on being awake most of the night. Last year,I videotaped several of the recliner burnings until I got hit in the face with a roman candle.

Top Bottom