bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Everyone keeps bashing RC, thinking CR has already won the title and I really don't understand why? True Reed beat him straight up at the US Open, but if the < ADMIN EDIT: That's 1 > Aussie had any real national pride he would of been in Euorpe racing for his country. I really think this supercross is going to boil down to Daytona. I know this is far way off, but if RC can keep close I think he will get an edge on CR there and I'll explain why. CR can't touch Carmichael outdoors, he also can't touch Vully & Windam, maybe even Ferry and even if tortelli is running a good pace. I know he placed second last year, but there was no competition in the field except for ferry that day. I will put money down with anybody that carmichael will win daytona and pick up a slew of points on Reed. Also all this stuff on the net with RC riding a 450. Gimme a break. Think about it. I try out my friends bikes all the time, you don't think windam has tried RC's bike?. til I hear it straight from the horses mouth I will believe it. . I really believe RC is going to pull it off in 2004. I just have this strange feeling. What do you guys/girls think??

Erik

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think using profanity in your post lessons its validity. :silly:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
November 26, 2003

Confirmed: Carmichael staying home; riding a four-stroke

Racer X has learned that Ricky Carmichael, the three-time THQ/AMA Supercross Champion, has made up his mind. He will not be attending the first two rounds of the THQ/FIM World Supercross GP tour in Spain and Holland in December, opting instead to focus on completing the transition from a two-stroke Honda CR250 to a four-stroke CRF450R. Carmichael had planned to attend the races in Europe, which he skipped last year. But his decision to switch to a four-stroke for the first time in his career means that he will need to spend every possible minute he can between now and the January 3 Anaheim Supercross in full testing mode. Stay tuned for an official press release from his team.

its a good job USA has RC since he is THE only US rider that gave you guys any credabilty last year, and to say half of the US fans boo him, now thats sad.

that said, i think RC will struggle a bit on the 450 in SX but all of the others will be sucking roost outdoors again.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I STILL think RC is the man to beat in both SX and MX, I think his drive to win is so string that it will be th difference in a long season. I'm not a big Reed believer, not that he doesn't have the speed (he does) but I don't think he has the stamina, we'll see. ( but then I am well known to be a leprachaun fan) :p

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
PS Bruce you don't think KW and Larocco have credibility? Not to start the cross the pond trash talk (again) but who do you think would be more successful, KW in Europe or Everts in America? :think: (I'm not trashing Everts, he's awesome) Discuss..................

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I think RC can and will be beat. And he'll switch BACK to a CR250 partway through the season.

But then I'm a well known Leprechaun fan as well . . . :confused:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by BEEF706
don't think KW and Larocco have credibility?

well, Larocco came in behind a bunch of foriegners in both championships and K-dub wasnt prepared to represent HIS own country on the world stage.

so no!:) and the US fans should get behind ricky.

but you are right i dont want to go down the FIM vs AMA champs since them threads go about as far as the WMD threads that go nowhere.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think RC has a string of championships, wins almost every race he enters and i wouldnt bet against him at any level, however he can be beat and SX is the weaker of his strengths LOL.Reed has showed his speed at all levels and anyone who thinks he cant win at SX is not thinking right, also he can go well outdoors, his bike setup wasnt good this year and i beleive he can do better next season.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by DurtJunkee
I think more people should drink a few beers and wait for the season to happen.
Now there's an idea. :thumb:

Seriously... think about how messed-up the top guys *could* be if Stewart runs the first half of the 250's ... even if he doesn't win, you know he's got a good chance of standing on the box, could make the points battle interesting.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
RC is the champ, has more victories than any other American MX SX racer ever, went undefeated in a outdoor series. I think his recored speaks for its self, I don't think are opinions realy mean diddle squat.

My opinion is people who bo him for no reason are stupid and jealous, there again thats just an opinion and they realy don't mean squat.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Yeah, I was just gonna say RC is gonna be riding the CRF450 this SX season, but bclapham already beat me to it. My bet is, if he is struggling on the 450, then he might switch back to the 2-stroke part way through the series. But as the rumors say, Windham beat RC's fast lap record at the Honda test track, and RC choose the 450 to shave some precious time off his laps. I think it was a smart move by RC, he just has to stick with it.

CR will definitely be a threat for the SX title, he probably woulda had it last year if he didn't make a few mistakes. But with me being an RC fan and not a CR fan, I hope Ricky trains even harder and show's CR up. :p

nate_z

Sep 2, 2001
I think Carmichael's status has been determined for next supercross season. Was looking forward to a good Reed vs. Carmichael battle. Wonder if he did it on the 450 or 250?

November 26, 2003

Carmichael Injured

Torrance, CA: American Honda announced today that Ricky Carmichael, defending AMA 250 Supercross and AMA 250 National Motocross Champion sustained a knee injury while pre-season testing for the 2004 season.

Carmichael was examined by his doctor earlier today with the results showing a torn ACL knee ligament. The injury will require surgery with an estimated recovery time of 4 months.

"Ricky and the team were prepared and looking forward to defending the Supercross title", said Honda Race Team Manager, Chuck Miller, "Now Ricky is anxious to get the surgery taken care of so he can start his training for the National Motocross series."

Close Window

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan

Seriously... think about how messed-up the top guys *could* be if Stewart runs the first half of the 250's ... even if he doesn't win, you know he's got a good chance of standing on the box, could make the points battle interesting.

I like that scenario :aj: JBS is not there to make any friends and I would love to see him jump in and take a few podium spots and stir the points battle up. I would like to see him do it and do welll enough to stay on the big bike

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
That totally sucks, I hate to see his season end this way, before it even starts.

No one in the 250 class, it will still be RC, since he will be back and still be the defending champ. And Langston is running the 250's, so no one will be running number 1.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Well now I guess it's Reed's title to lose. But like Reed said last year when winning the World SX title, it didn't mean as much to him since RC wasn't there. Perhaps the 2004 SX title won't be as prestigeous without Carmicheal there. Now mabye Bubba will pull a "Langston" and go for the 250 SX title. haha, just kidding. :think:

Top Bottom