HAzE

Uhhh...
Dec 29, 2000
WEll, thursday, I got my first ride on one. I love that bike, it's really light, I was expecting to have to muscle to hold it up, since I'm on tippy toes. But it was extremely light, and easily thrown around. It hooks up great, even with the stock tire, I think the rear tire is stock anyway, the front is. It likes to be sideways, or I just do. I didn't really jump the stuff I usually do, but it has tons of power, and wasn't my bike...I just liked to wheelie it over stuff, like landing ramps. For some odd reason, it hooked up great thru really loose dirt in third gear, but not in second. My track is mostly soft untill people get there, and it hardens really nice, but gets really rough, and managable. I want one, any one want to sell any? OR even a 250f? Well, I just want to know what you think, and your experiences on this bike.Later.

HAzE

Uhhh...
Dec 29, 2000
:)

It didn't seem to lag though, it felt like it like i revved it to high. I really like the bike, and second gear feels great with a ton of power when you want it...Later.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
I have a 250F . . .

and I am not selling it , sorry:p . I will get to test ride my friends new 02' 426 on wed., and have ridden alot of 426's. I would have to agree with you. THey are great bikes. I like the 250F a little better for the weight - on tighter corners it is a little more agile, and takes a little less energy to ride. But I love the 426 on short approach seat bouce jumps, or anything short approach. It does not hook up as good as the 250F when it is muddy/slick tho, simply because of the power delivery. But he always gains on me coming out of a corner. Power to spare.:)

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
Just got my '01 WR426 a few weeks ago. It's awesome. Comming off of Husaberg 501. Similar pull on top, but the WR has the grunt down low that I missed from my XR. This bike just makes power all over! Check around man, there are some epic deals on left over '01...got mine for $5150 out the door. There is a real soft spot in the market on them right now...ya know because the market is full of them right now...check it out. Lot of bike for $5K!!:)

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
I just competed in my first enduro (for the bike, that is) on a new YZ426. Came off an XR400. I had my best finish to date (third place). Did this even though I stalled it 6 times during the race. I had changed the gearing to 13/47. It worked wonderfully. When I was running I was gunning!! Now I just got get that flywheel weight installed!!

I went to the 13/47 because it seemed there was lot of chain popping and slapping going on with 14/50. Don't know why but with the 13/47 there's hardly any chain pop or slap. Might have something to do with the chain guide.

HAzE

Uhhh...
Dec 29, 2000
:)

Well that's good, I had stalled it like 3-4 times, and couldn't get the trick of starting it...The guy who owned the bike would come over and help me with it. But he was ridding this guys quad around the track so luckily he was near me when it happened. I can't afford 5k, if it was like 1500 maybe. Bro is in collage(Embry Riddle Auronautical Uni. in daytona) if you guys ever heard of it. It's expensive, even with good scholarships. That's why I was thinking about getting one next year, I could have like 1500, to 2000 saved up. And would sell the kx, and would get another 1000. So maybe next year. Later.

R White

Sep 13, 2001
HAzE keep your grades up and grad. W/honors you'll be able to buy what you want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

HAzE

Uhhh...
Dec 29, 2000
Yeah yeah.....

Yeah, yeah I know I know..I have gotten the speech for 2 years, and finally has it got thru my thick head....I have gotten craptacular grades all thru middle school, and finally in the 8th grade, I'm starting to pull good grades. I need them, I'm going to goto collage, and be an AP mechanic...Get good money, buy a house w/6 acres. Build a supercross track, a little freestyle track, and a peewee track for my kid...So he can become the next Ricky, or Jeremy....Later.

Top Bottom