KXRacer469

Aug 4, 2007
I'm on the two-stroke right now but I feel like I'm ready for the thumpers. The Problem is I don't know which one to get. I want reliability over all.
  1. I am about 5'10'' and weigh around 140 lbs.
  2. I am not too aggressive but plan on getting alot more serious with the 4-stroke.
  3. I plan on mostly riding motocross but some woods here and there.
  4. I've been riding for about 3 years now and I'm in the 125C class.
  5. I currently race sometimes, but plan on racing alot more with the 4-stroke.
  6. I can do everything besides the deep motor work, where my father is a mechanic.
  7. I like Hondas and am looking for the best four-stroke.
  8. Every brand is available.
  9. I'm not sure to buy new or used, I plan on having it for around 3 years, and if used only spending around 3,000.
  10. I live in Indiana.
  11. I am 16 years old.
  12. I'm just looking for opinions on what to look for.
I appreciate any help. :)

TC21

May 31, 2007
I think you should consider the YZ250f. It is a racing four stroke that is ready for the track or trails. Also the CRF250R is another racing thumper choice.

Hope I helped?! ;)

KXRacer469

Aug 4, 2007
Thanks, I think thats what im going to go for. But does anyone know if I should buy brand new or used.
I can do maintenince. I understand that comes with the fun of the sport.

KXRacer469

Aug 4, 2007
Yeah thats what I fear, my first 125 was like that, and I don't want that again definatly. I'm thinking on selling my 125 and taking the money I make on it and putting it on a down payment.

KXRacer469

Aug 4, 2007
I'm not sure but I want to become more cmpetative and I've never really been able to get anywhere on a two-stroke, and they've caused me nothing but trouble. And I grew up on 4-stroke quads and just started riding bike a few years ago. I like the power of a four stroke. But they're expensive.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom