cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Decisions, decisions, decisions...... I bought an 03 kx250 about 6 months ago in good shape for $1800. I've put alot of work & love into it including a sweet set of monster graphics, a pro circuit "works" pipe, boyseen pro series reeds, new grips & levers, rebuilt carb, seat cover and repacked silencer. It runs geat, very strong, but it's not a "dominant" bike. Those RM250's are just beasts I guess cause they seem to pass me up alot. Ofcourse I understand that skill level factors in to a large part of the equation, but I've driven a few RM's and they just seem to be the "dominant bike overall. Anyway, I got an offer of $2200 on my bike and it just so happens that there's this 03 RM250 for sale in my area for $1650. It seems to be in great shape, not to mention the $550 I'd have left over to put into the bike right away. My question to you all is WHAT WOULD YOU DO ??? I have no dillusions of becoming a profesional racer or anything, but I do enjoy friendly competition with friends and fellow riders. Thanks for your input. I'm sure it will come in handy in making my decision.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
cowasucky said:
My question to you all is WHAT WOULD YOU DO ???

Save your money and learn how to ride.

There will always be a "dominant" bike as you put it, but no amount of bike swapping will make up for a rider who isn't.

There are a ton of 2009 CRF450s circulating around at the back of the C class for a reason.

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
If you can make a buck and enjoy wrenching on the next one you get to make it nice then go for it, just don't kid yourself that you'll be faster on the Zook. As an FYI the 04 Zook was quite an upgrade from the 03.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
while i agree with the 2 posts before, what about upgrading your currently bike? well, i´m not saying you should put newer graphics because the older ones are scrached. what about a fresh motor, big bore who knows... suspension done and setup... at least it´s good for confidence and ego...

recently i have beat (spanking is more of a correct term) a guy with a gas gas 250 on a small mx track with my cr 80 with a almost slick rear tire. claiming he has raced enduros and some mx for some 15 years, he was slow. please keep in mind that i suck as a rider. my point is while i am slow, he was slower than me ;)
90% rider 10% bike :nod:

GoldDrum

Aug 5, 2009
There will always be faster riders no matter what you do. I agree that learning how to ride is the best and then do mods on your current bike if needed later.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom