jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
After going to the track for the first time yesterday and seeing that my bike has really good power for me for the most part, but could definetely use some help when coming out of corners, I am set on buying a V-Force Delta 2 reed cage. From what I've read, it's the best mod for the money, and it seems like it does more than a pipe and silencer combo would for my bike.

I plan on ordering from Motosport Outlet (mainly because they offer free shipping, so the total will be $130). If anyone can find a cheaper place, or give me other suggestions on where to purchase it if I make the final decision to do so, I'd be happy to take them into consideration.

Finally, what should I expect from this? My friends are saying that it won't help that much without a pipe but I beg to differ. From what I've read on here and in a few magazines, the CR exhaust is sufficient and the aftermarket stuff provides little gains in power. Is there going to be a noticeable increase in the power delivery? I don't expect it to run like it's electric, but quicker throttle response, and more even power throughout would be nice. Your replies are greatly appreciated.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
Jetting is the key. I would like to get one for my cr250, but im gonna wait till one shows up on ebay for cheaper. Im just cheap. I hear this is a good mod, tho but alot will tell you to get your cyl. ported from eric.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I haven't had a lot of time on anything w/one, but I did get to throw a leg over my buddies '91 KX250 w/a V-Force II. I've ridden it quite a bit before that I noticed a difference immediately. Thru the bottom and mid it was ultra responsive, but I couldn't tell about the top end. It was most noticeable when you first cracked the throttle. That thing just jumped when you goosed it. I was really surprised. I've got my engine modded from Eric and I love it, so I'm not sure about going to the V-Force, but if I were to do anything else to the motor, that would be the mod I'd choose.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Well here is my temporary plan...I plan on getting the V-Force, riding out the season like that. Then come winter I'll need a top end anway so I plan on stripping it, sending my cylinder to Eric, having it ported and then finishing the new top end so it will be a BEAR next season. Porting is by far the mod I most want, but I want to go for an easy bolt-on thing here.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The V-Force is definitely a good mod. I have my engine ported by Eric and I have the V-force. It will give you more throttle response and power. I tried both the high and low tension settings and the low tension is by far the best for my riding style. While the high setting still gives good throttle response, it really only benefits the power at the top end. I typically short shift and don't wind out the motor so the low setting works the best for me.

When you get it there will be a note in the box to leave it at the high tension setting to increase the reed life. This is true if you wind it out all the time. If not then the low setting is fine.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
You will like the improvement that the Vforce gives! The only tricky part is cutting off the tabs on the intake manifold. Read the instructions over carefully, take your time and it'll turn out good :thumb:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I was pleased with the performance of my v force but I was not pleased with the fitment. besides having to hack off a reed stuffer<if needed> you might have to notch the cylinder a little to get the assembly to fit in.MIne didnt fit the jug properly

But what I did since I didn't want to remove the cylinder to keep it clean from all the shavings was to make a spacer that went in between the reed block and cylinder. I am not sure how much the spacer made a difference or the reed block but it definately picks up revs out of a corner a lot better.Unfortunately I need 3 reed block gaskets now though. I still have it in the high rpm setting also.

Most stock pipes nowadays are pretty darn good,but porting is the best dollar value.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah I was about to ask about how tricky this was going to be to fit up. I've read some posts of it becoming a hassle. Anyone with the same bike as me have any tips or suggestions? I really don't wanna end up having to take off the cylinder for sure. I was hoping this to be a 10 minute job.

Yeah I've heard about the low-tension thing, I planned on setting it there. Like you most of my riding is lower revs, and throttle response off the bottom is the main thing I want. I think I'm going to order it tonight, cannot wait for it to get here.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Removing the stuffer pieces isn't too bad. If you do it the way they suggest in the directions you will damage the sealing surface of the reed block so make sure you use some form a gasket or other fuel proof sealant when putting it back together. DO NOT USE SILICONE SEAL. It is not fuel proof.

I took my reed block to work and had the stuffer pieces machined out. It was a lot cleaner and looks better.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I just used a very sharp knife to remove the stuffers-as long as you are carefull not to knick the sealing face its not that hard.I used the 2 gaskets supplied and no air leaks.Dont forget on the CRs you gain 1 hp on the low tension setting -it better for top end power even though it sounds backwards.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
What exactly are these "stuffer" pieces? I just order it from Motosport. Can't really beat the deal...$129.95 for everything no tax no shipping. That's the best deal I've found.

I was riding a buddy's 2002 CR125 today with EVERY mod possible on it. V-Force, SST and Shorty, and it's bored to a 135 and ported by Pro-Action and Mx-Tech suspension. Needless to say it was definetely electric power. I don't expect mine to be like that, but I'm hoping this V-Force gives me a good kick. I rode all day today and it was running awesome, just needs some help to be smoother off the bottom. Can't wait to install this thing...

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
On your stock rubber manifold depending on it's design has little tabs that stick into the original reed cage. When you mount the Vforce you need a rubber manifold that is completely flat.

a picture would be worth a thousand words here.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
http://www.mxsouth.com/fmf/fmfintval.htm

ok this is actually an fmf Ram valve<look at the picture on thebottom> but that little rubber thing in the middle would get bolted on in between the reed cage and the manifold . On some stock intakes that rubber thing would be a part of the stock manifold. You will need to cut that off if it is on there.

some bikes have some don't, strange in the fact that 94 yz250 doesn't but a 94 wr250 does.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The stuffer pieces on my RM were part steel so a knife wouldn't have worked. I tried to use a knife at first but dulled the blade pretty quickly :confused:

Just make sure you have a good seal between all the mating surfaces when you put it back together.

Testicleez

Mod Ban
Jun 26, 2003
This year I put on Delta 2s, an SST and Shorty on my CR250. I started making the mods to clean up the bottom engine performance and lean the bike out. It feels like twice the bike down low. If you are after that elusive bottom end on the CR get a 51 tooth rear sprocket as well. I used a hack saw to trim rubber stubs and stuck the reed cage in a vice while doing it. They ship spacer washers to use while trimming the stoppers and I would recommend using them to keep the cut even. I sanded down the roughness and the gasket sealed up without using any additional compounds. Don't even bother with the tight setting which is stock setting. Loosen the reeds up as much as you can and BLAST OFF! The best thing I can say about the Delta2s is that they don't take much off the top but give you a noticeable responsiveness down low.

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
I had a horrible experience with the D2 valve. First, it did not fit in the cylinder so I had to file the reed valve down as per the suggestion of V-Force tech. support. Next, it hit pipe so more modification was needed now after all of this it was seeping fuel so I now have a V-Force on the shelf and a Boysen Rad Valve in the bike, perfect fit, good performance, money back guarantee.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom