Sep 3, 2007
I know they have been around awhile as a "toy" for a lot of guys, but what was the original purpose for Pit Bikes and why were they originally used?

I am assuming by the name that they were used in the Pits for some reason, but I can't place it.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Larger facilities?? They were used everywhere! To the porta john,friends,enemies,or all night drunken races! They were pit bikes!!! Then they started regulating them,then they decided to give them track time. Now it is golf carts,or other utility vehicles. Walking blows!

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Weren't they originally designed for little kids? As those kids grew up, they couldn't part with there little bikes and created a reason to keep using them. I think I had my XR 75 til I was well into my 20's.

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
what about my mr50?
PICT0003.jpg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Crazy,that is my favorite!!! There used to be the pocket bikes,dangerous,3 wheelers,ditto,the kids pw,kx,cr,rm,much safer! The recent explosion of knock offs has drove up the prices of the engines they copied,ct 70,sl 70,125. The trick parts are big bucks! Brad Ripple won the bookoo pit bike series,well justified the 10,000 dollar price tag! Well if they race utility vehicles,why not pit bikes! Crazy that is one sweet bike,do her good!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
A bike, ridden in the pits, of a race, is my guess. Did I win?

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
yeah thats a hand made under pipe, extended swing arm and layed down shocks. i need to get a complete gasket kit for the engine and i can put that together.......it probably gonna take awile but its gonna be sweet.

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
im gonna keep it all red, it had crusty fugly mud flaps on it too but i took them off. were can i find some good rear shocks for it? i was thinking of using some kitaco shocks but if i could find some period correct boug mullholland shocks or girling id go with them. but before i tackle all that i must put my engine back together.

Top Bottom