vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
A meeting was held at the ORV Park formerly known as Thurston County ORV Sports Park. All information in this e-mail is for information purposes only. The meeting was led by Ed Bushnell, President of The Northwest Outdoor Coalition. Commissioner Bob Beerbower from Grays Harbor County made a suggestion as to renaming the park back to "Straddleline" with great enthusiam from the attendees. Two news reporters were also in attendance. Safety is always everyones main concern but because of the accidents at the park, concerns were voiced to making the motocross track more user friendly to families and young riders. Work parties are needed to get the park back into shape. Some preliminary work is being done to try and feed the work crews. John Eaton is coordinating the work parties. His e-mail address is: dirtbike@hctc.com . When e-mailing to volunteer please state the days you are available. Equipment you could bring, i.e. lawnmower, shovel, rakes, etc. State what you would prefer to do. If you are certified or licensed as a plumber or electrician and would like to donate your time it would be helpful. The MudSlingers Club have offered their support for our event on the 22nd and 23rd. I stated we would be grateful for the support and that flaggers were sometimes needed. In my opinion, I think at this time all clubs should help each other out for the common goal of opening the park in the best light possible. The entire facility will be under a microscope during the startup period and will be watched very closely by all people and must project a professional and businesslike atmosphere. The keys and approval from Grays Harbor County are needed to gain entrance to the facility and will hopefully be obtained this week for a work party this weekend. Grays Harbor County will be in charge to run the facility and all decisions concerning the park and it's policies will need to be approved through their county.
Thanks Bruce and Carla for the up date

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Orv Work Party 09-24-25

To: All Straddleline ORV Park Volunteers
Date: 9/21/2005
Re: Work Parties

As of today Thurston County finally signed the quit claim
deed. This transfer of the park to Grays Harbor County had
to happen before work could begin on getting
“Straddleline” (the original name of the park, and now
its “new” old name) into shape to open for events
starting this October 8th.

I am happy and excited to inform you that work can commence this Saturday, September 24th starting at 8AM.

Please respond with the following information:

Days and hours you, your family, or your club can work.

The number of people in your work party; minors need to be accompanied with an adult family or club member and minors may not operate power equipment.

Equipment you can bring, such as mowers, chainsaws, weed whackers, brush hogs, even a shovel or rake, other. Please remember to bring gloves and safety glasses.

Specific skills you may have, such as certified and licensed electrician, plumber, painter, paramedic, carpenter, mason, heavy equipment operator or food handler.

Should you be unable to attend but wish to donate items,
please list the
specific items you wish to donate.

Please respond as groups if possible, such as motorcycle or jeep clubs or even family or friend groups, this will help all of us with the limited amount of time that we have.

I will be coordinating all grounds and track work parties
at least until the park opens, if you wish to work contact
me at this email address.

If you wish to help with the custodian’s quarters, the
wells, or the meeting hall, please contact Tom Fite.

If you wish to schedule an event and can provide at least
one
million dollars liability event insurance please contact Tom Fite or Ed Bushnell.

DO NOT BRING ORVs, ORVs may not be operated until October
8th.

Please forward this to all user groups and or interested parties.

Thank you for your help and support,
John Eaton

Top Bottom