326mx

Mar 25, 2002
So its 12:40 and I just got back from my first night race at the Marshall Fairgrounds in Marshall IL. Well I left home at about 3:30 and got to the track in time to register and such.

Well then time for my practice came. I went out and did ok. I wasn't the slowest and then again I wasn't the fastest either. But I think I did ok considering the track. The track had to be the most dangerous track I've ever seen. Well the track started off with a curving starting straight, then a braking bump into a 180 degree right hander. Then you went up a four foor tall 10 foot long slope in to a drop off into a sharp left hander. Then there was the worst jump there. A drop off with a "landing" of course not even the 250A riders could make. Then there was a bermed right hander into four double-double whoops into about a section of whoops to be blitzed. This was the most dangerous part of the track. All that separated the whoops and the grand stands was 3 bales of hay down the 200 foot straight. But yet for my first time blitzing whoops I think I did ok. Then came a bermed right hander into one of the most fun jumps I've ever done. I 3 foot high lip then a 2 foot step up. In second gear it sends you 10 feet up. But once again very dangerous because if you got squirrely the entire track was 7 foot wide and 2 feet inbetween. Well after the step up, there were 2 singles. Then there was a left hander followed by a speed bump. Then there was a straight then 1 whoop then a 40 foot table with atleast a 20 foot high launch. Then repeat.

Well onto my first moto, the ninth, I got a bad start. Well the moto went OK until the third lap where the most spectacular wreck happened. I went up the tabletop with a guy to my left. Well we go up and bump in the air. Then, he lands first and pulls in front of me taking out my front tire. Now I proceed to flip through the air and land on my back. Well I open my eyes and see the swingarm of a YZ250F coming down on my head. Well I rolled faster than the eyes of a 13 year old primadonna. I was then helped off the track with my DNF.... bummer :( :whiner:

Next moto I decided that I was just gonna put in my laps and finish. Well the starting laps went off without a hitch but then on the double-double whoops I went off the track into oncoming trafic. Whoo that was a close one. That was my only problem, whereas other people flipped over the guardrail into the grandstands. Then I saw the checkered flag and went home. :) :aj:

The end

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Are you sure you weren't riding arenacross? :scream:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I think i would have to disagree with that statment.
Off Road riding of any kind on a motorcycle is cool. Dirt Bike Mag saying that should be horse whipped, I may motocross more than anything else, but ride many types of off road stuff. hell even on 4 wheels, "mx is for losers?"

hand writing on the wall is that MX and SX are carrying this type of sport, not many "losers" there. in my mind anyone enjoying this family fun is a winner.

wardy

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
MX is high stress (on bike and body) and high risk (for bike and body) and the cost is high. So much input for a few minutes of high adrenaline. Not worth it in my book, but if it's your cup of tea then go for it. do your own thing, but please learn something along the way.

Top Bottom