B

biglou

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
-Martin Luther King, Jr

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

There are people who are silently on the job 24/7, all over the world, enduring great personal discomfort so that we all may enjoy the freedom and lifestyle that we have grown accustom to. These are the policemen, the firefighters and paramedics, the men and women of our armed forces and yes, even our CIA, FBI, and NSA. These are America's everyday heroes that perform so bravely so often, that we sometimes forget just how much they sacrifice on a daily basis so that we might be free. They don't do it for publicity, they do it for love of country and our way of life. They are the embodiment of what this nation stands for.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We'll take any thanks we can get lately. Usually we are criticized for over reacting or picking on certain groups. I gave the oath of laying my life down for all Americans and I'll do it in an American heartbeat. It's true when they say that when the poop hits the fan, we are going in as everyone else is getting out. I experienced that in the L.A. riots, twice. I send my thanks to my fellow brother and sister officers and our fire counterparts. I also owe a big thank you to our people that have and are currently serving in our armed forces. They stand on the wall and keep us safe when we are asleep. Thanks
Carlo
CHP

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Oh yeah, I forgot, we've had our vacation and regular days off taken away indefinately and now work 6pm to 6am every day. 24/7 hits home every once and a while! Stay safe.
Elk

Top Bottom