TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
My bikes ('99 KX250 and '04 KDX200) have their offroad registration stickers for here in Colorado. If I go to another state, CA in particular, will I be legal to ride there, anytime of the year, or are there hoops that I have to jump through?

Thanks!

Scott

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
No problem. California, and I believe all other states, honor ORV registration from other states. I just did some riding at an OHV park in California with Washington state tabs, no worries.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
hmm, wonder about those of us from states with no tags or titles on our bikes... we don't even require a license on a personal trailer (but they will sell you one $100 to lessen out of state problems).

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
As long you aren't a resident of CA, no problem. There's little or no enforcement outside of the state's official riding areas/parks, anyway.

The spark arrestor requirement, I assume, applies to everybody.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
You can get an out of state sticker for your bike. Also to avoid hassles it's a good idea to carry your drivers license with you when you ride to prove you really are from out of state. If I remember correctly the out of state bike sticker is around $20. I think I picked one up at the CA DMV but it's been awhile so I may be wrong on that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom