Out with the old and in with the new.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
After a heated battle in the ladies 16+ and her consecutive string of season championships on the line I had to spring for a new ride for Erin to finish out the season. That kicking the Honda had cost her several points this season so not any more!-she'll be sporting a brand new YAMAHA TTR 125 LE for the Upland round. Cody Mastin hooked me up with a dealer and he will bring it up at the Kalkaska enduro just in time for me to add some tires, hand gurads and a trail tech so she can keep time.....the rest is up to her. :cool: The Honda was sold via a phone conversation today to Vic Flegle for his wife to ice race this winter.

Good luck Erin!

Attachments

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
Smit-Dog said:
But nothing says you really love her quite like a CRF150R... :debil:

High strung unproven motor and a kicker still. We've retired to the button-both of us. :nod:

It's Like Comparing Apples An Oranges, Not Even Close. It Does Have The Magic E - Button And Is A Lot Lighter Than Her Main Comp's Crf150. Maybe Ms. Sperling Will Buy One And Up The Ante???

3KDXXR2

Mi. Trail Riders
Congrats on the new Bike Erin!

INCA

Subscriber
I've had all I could do to even stay close to Erin on the Honda. The magic button will put me in the dust for sure. At least Saturdays ride was a winner by two points.

Young Ted

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
INCA said:
I've had all I could do to even stay close to Erin on the Honda. The magic button will put me in the dust for sure. At least Saturdays ride was a winner by two points.

Young Ted

Yes, thank you Ted-better start training for Upland! :nod:
She's pretty excited about it.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
Once you uncork her and richen up the jetting, she has a lot more grunt and rev. As it was stock, ours barely ran when it was cold... OEM jetting is waaay lean. TT has an excellent thread on all this - http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

We were constantly twisting the forks, even with low speed crashes. Installed the $$$ fork brace, which helped some, but forks still get twisted. I think V-Man also has the beefier top triple clamp on Sally's TTR, which he says helped a lot.

Also installed the BBR high-flow airfilter to help open her up (but the No Toil eats up the glue on the Uni filter!).

Don Marsh

Subscriber
Welcome to the "Dark Side" Erin. At least at Wolverine it wasn't a sea of Orange their was alot of Blue!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Smit-Dog said:
I think V-Man also has the beefier top triple clamp on Sally's TTR, which he says helped a lot.
Yes, both are good mods. Tanya's TTR has both RSW Racing parts. The top clamp has a much thicker clamping surface. The front end is much more rigid with those mods.

Cut some one inch holes in the top of the airbox, add a BBR filter kit, then go two sizes richer on the pilot and main. The BBR exhaust looks and sounds cool but does not add much.....maybe a little more pull on top.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
BadgerMan said:
Yes, both are good mods. Tanya's TTR has both RSW Racing parts. The top clamp has a much thicker clamping surface. The front end is much more rigid with those mods.

Cut some one inch holes in the top of the airbox, add a BBR filter kit, then go two sizes richer on the pilot and main. The BBR exhaust looks and sounds cool but does not add much.....maybe a little more pull on top.

OK thanks, what jets do I need to order? I want to have every thing ready for it's arrival.
FT

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
Stock jets (if the same as an '04) are a 15 pilot and 105 main.

You'll need the large round-type Mikuni main jets (N100.604) and the VM28/486 pilot jets.

Part Numbers
http://home.comcast.net/~wcsmith/Misc/2004_Yamaha_TTR-125LE_Jet_Part_Numbers.pdf

We're running the 112.5 main and 20 pilot, and if anything it's still a wee bit on the lean side. This is with a large (~3") hole cut in the top of the airbox, BBR air filter, and 2 washers on the exhaust end-cap.

Visual Guide
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170429

We ran

17.5 pilot
110 main

jetting for - stock filter, 3" hole in airbox, airbox screen removed, and FMF pipe w/ SA. Also works well with stock pipe.

1st gear is WAY too low. Adding a tooth to the CS sprocket works well --- 13(stock).

I have the following sitting in the garage - all with a season of use (500 miles)... let me know if you are interested.

14 tooth CS - Sunstar
Twin Air filter
FMF Pipe/Silencer w/ SA
RSWracing fork brace
BBR fork springs (slightly stiffer)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
We’re running a 20 pilot and a 115 main. I did not realize it but that main is 4 sizes larger than stock!

If I remember right, the Yamaha dealer did not list any optional jets for the TTR. That may have changed since I re-jetted but it is usually easier to just call Sudco.

I think Erin is gonna really like the new bike……..especially the button!