Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
After a heated battle in the ladies 16+ and her consecutive string of season championships on the line I had to spring for a new ride for Erin to finish out the season. That kicking the Honda had cost her several points this season so not any more!-she'll be sporting a brand new YAMAHA TTR 125 LE for the Upland round. Cody Mastin hooked me up with a dealer and he will bring it up at the Kalkaska enduro just in time for me to add some tires, hand gurads and a trail tech so she can keep time.....the rest is up to her. :cool: The Honda was sold via a phone conversation today to Vic Flegle for his wife to ice race this winter.

Good luck Erin!

Attachments

• 07ttr125le_blue_4_144a39c0.jpg
    07ttr125le_blue_4_144a39c0.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 326

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
But nothing says you really love her quite like a CRF150R... :debil:

090806_bottom.jpg

High strung unproven motor and a kicker still. We've retired to the button-both of us. :nod:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
It's Like Comparing Apples An Oranges, Not Even Close. It Does Have The Magic E - Button And Is A Lot Lighter Than Her Main Comp's Crf150. Maybe Ms. Sperling Will Buy One And Up The Ante???

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Congrats on the new Bike Erin!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I've had all I could do to even stay close to Erin on the Honda. The magic button will put me in the dust for sure. At least Saturdays ride was a winner by two points.

Young Ted

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
INCA said:
I've had all I could do to even stay close to Erin on the Honda. The magic button will put me in the dust for sure. At least Saturdays ride was a winner by two points.

Young Ted

Yes, thank you Ted-better start training for Upland! :nod:
She's pretty excited about it.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Once you uncork her and richen up the jetting, she has a lot more grunt and rev. As it was stock, ours barely ran when it was cold... OEM jetting is waaay lean. TT has an excellent thread on all this - http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

We were constantly twisting the forks, even with low speed crashes. Installed the $$$ fork brace, which helped some, but forks still get twisted. I think V-Man also has the beefier top triple clamp on Sally's TTR, which he says helped a lot.

Also installed the BBR high-flow airfilter to help open her up (but the No Toil eats up the glue on the Uni filter!).

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Welcome to the "Dark Side" Erin. At least at Wolverine it wasn't a sea of Orange their was alot of Blue!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
I think V-Man also has the beefier top triple clamp on Sally's TTR, which he says helped a lot.

Yes, both are good mods. Tanya's TTR has both RSW Racing parts. The top clamp has a much thicker clamping surface. The front end is much more rigid with those mods.

Cut some one inch holes in the top of the airbox, add a BBR filter kit, then go two sizes richer on the pilot and main. The BBR exhaust looks and sounds cool but does not add much.....maybe a little more pull on top.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
BadgerMan said:
Yes, both are good mods. Tanya's TTR has both RSW Racing parts. The top clamp has a much thicker clamping surface. The front end is much more rigid with those mods.

Cut some one inch holes in the top of the airbox, add a BBR filter kit, then go two sizes richer on the pilot and main. The BBR exhaust looks and sounds cool but does not add much.....maybe a little more pull on top.

OK thanks, what jets do I need to order? I want to have every thing ready for it's arrival.
FT

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Stock jets (if the same as an '04) are a 15 pilot and 105 main.

You'll need the large round-type Mikuni main jets (N100.604) and the VM28/486 pilot jets.

Part Numbers
http://home.comcast.net/~wcsmith/Misc/2004_Yamaha_TTR-125LE_Jet_Part_Numbers.pdf

We're running the 112.5 main and 20 pilot, and if anything it's still a wee bit on the lean side. This is with a large (~3") hole cut in the top of the airbox, BBR air filter, and 2 washers on the exhaust end-cap.

Visual Guide
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170429

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
We ran

17.5 pilot
110 main

jetting for - stock filter, 3" hole in airbox, airbox screen removed, and FMF pipe w/ SA. Also works well with stock pipe.

1st gear is WAY too low. Adding a tooth to the CS sprocket works well --- 13(stock).

I have the following sitting in the garage - all with a season of use (500 miles)... let me know if you are interested.

14 tooth CS - Sunstar
Twin Air filter
FMF Pipe/Silencer w/ SA
RSWracing fork brace
BBR fork springs (slightly stiffer)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
We’re running a 20 pilot and a 115 main. I did not realize it but that main is 4 sizes larger than stock!

If I remember right, the Yamaha dealer did not list any optional jets for the TTR. That may have changed since I re-jetted but it is usually easier to just call Sudco.

I think Erin is gonna really like the new bike……..especially the button!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Depending on Erin's weight, I'd recommend the stiffer springs. With the compression full stiff, Zach at 105 is constantly bottoming out over whoops.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
salgeek said:
1st gear is WAY too low. Adding a tooth to the CS sprocket works well --- 13(stock).

Yep, that is a "must do" mod.

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Hey Fred how about a 105XC for here. Or why dont you ride the same crap your buying her? I don't think so. Or better yet maybe that young Cody smartazz will buy here one he's connected. Ride Orange.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nzambon said:
Hey Fred how about a 105XC for here. Or why dont you ride the same crap your buying her? I don't think so. Or better yet maybe that young Cody smartazz will buy here one he's connected. Ride Orange.

Nick, she is too short for a full suspended bike with 16/19 wheels-this is as big as I can get for her. She needs a 4T because she has trouble now with her clutch hand-imagine what it sould be like on a 2 t. i'VE GONE THROUGH ALL THE SCENARIOS THE PAST 2 YEARS! Thanks guys, looks like the wallet will be really empty. Salgeek-I just ordered that fork brace unknowing you had one but maybe some of the other stuff. Air filter fo sure! e mail me-fthompson1@chartermi.net

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
Depending on Erin's weight, I'd recommend the stiffer springs. With the compression full stiff, Zach at 105 is constantly bottoming out over whoops.

She weighs 88 pounds, is your 2004 suspension adjustable like the newer 2007 stuff? I think she will be just fine and it will be better than her honda which ended up being too stiff ofr her..

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The TTR suspension is very plush compared to the XR-100. Yes, the '04 has adjustable compression / rebound front and rear.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
The TTR suspension is very plush compared to the XR-100. Yes, the '04 has adjustable compression / rebound front and rear.

The 2007 has pre load on it too. :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
I believe that all the '03-'08 LE models have preload.

OK, I guess they have not made many changes through out the years, but i am still going to stick with stock springs for now because I have to believe that at 88 lbs she should be in the ball park for the intended rider weight. Zach is a bit big for it.

Top Bottom