yz400fer69

Jun 5, 2001
I just had a few questions about a few outdoor nationals. First, what is the best track to attend a national? I have never been to a national before and am going to fly somewhere from Phoenix AZ? I need info on distance from airport ect. I am consider July 6 Red Bud on the 4th of July weekend in Buchanan, MI or Washougal July 27? Just wondering if either of the tracks are good for spectator viewing and are there airports near by to fly into? I don't believe hotels will be a problem as every town has a hotel 6 or something. But you can either PM me or e mail me at yz400fer69@qwest.net Thanks.
Dave
Dave

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Dave we really enjoy Springcreek (about an hour south of Minneapolis) but this year we are hitting RedBud also. Don't bother with Troy as the layout is flat and wooded so the spectating is more difficult.
Washougal is from what I hear the one everyone needs to attend once in a lifetime

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Red Bud is excellent for viewing and has awsome terrain (including LaRocco's leap). Budds creek is pretty decent also. Broome Tioga isn't very good for spectating and I think Steel City is kinda of boring (unless there is a championship on the line)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Red Bud is a great national to hit... we just raced there last weekend. You can run back and forth in the infield and see the whole track or just watch one side at a time. Larocco's Leap has to be the coolest jump on the circuit. There is also a night track that holds amateur races on Fri. and Sat. night so there is always something going on all weekend long. $25 helicoptor rides and a big firework display, too. If you wanna do a hotel, check into Niles, South Bend, or Benton Harbor but the best fun is camping at the track. If you're flying in, the cheapest route would be to fly into Midway (Chicago, IL) and rent a car and drive out (or O'Hare if you really have to). I would guess it's 80-90 miles from Midway to Buchanan. If South Bend, IN, has any flights, that would be much closer (15-20 miles) but you'll probably pay an arm and a leg and add a layover to your flight.

Check out www.redbudmx.com for more info.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
washuogal is close to portland, AND we all know it is the best national. nothing like having a race in a park like setting. green grass and trees.

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
Red Bud is awesome! I've been going there for over 25 years and it still rules! Mt Morris and Unadilla are very cool also. Red Bud has a special atmosphere being around July 4th every year. I think that the track is the most well prepared of any on Sunday. The track is quite wide all the way around and developes numerous lines. And the speed and jumps are incredible. I wish they would go back to running straight up into the apple orchard after the ski jump. I thought that section was incredible and couldn't stop warching it. Go to Red Bud, you won't regret it.

yz400fer69

Jun 5, 2001
I think I am actually leaning more towards Washougal. So I just have a few questions. What's the weather usually like? Also are there any hotels in Washougal or should I just stay in Portland. I would fly into Portland and it is about 20 minutes away so its no big deal. I think that's all for right now so thanks for helping me out.
Dave Burt

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
I've been to 2 different National tracks. Millville and Red Bud. There is no comparison. Red Bud is 10 times better and a much better experience overall. I was there in 2000 and the fireworks display was stunning! Best I have ever seen.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by mxneagle
Red Bud is excellent for viewing and has awsome terrain (including LaRocco's leap).

I second that! I attended Redbud in 96. You can see large parts of the track from all most anywhere. Pictures and watching the race on TV do no justice for LaRocco's leap! The riders seem to hang in the air for hours. Standing at the first turn and hearing the 250 class scream out of the gate into the first turn was great also.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom