plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Has anyone had any experience with Aramark? Looks like the hospital I work for, will be outsourcing all of the support services to Aramark. We have been assured that we all will still have a job(with Aramark). Any information would be greatly appreciated. This is going to be a big change for I have worked at this hospital for 15 years. There are a lot of details still to be work out, but looks like it will happen arround the first of the year. Thanks!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The hospital I work at brought Aramark in to manage the cafeteria since they claimed it was losing money. Under the great guidance of Aramark we now have a hospital with a cafeteria that is only open for business from 7:30-9:00 AM, 11:00AM-1 PM 4:45-6:45PM Monday to Friday. So if you coffee at off hours you are stuck to vending machines and if you work weekends you better remember to bring your lunch because the cafeteria is locked down.

There were job losses involved with this oviously since they greatly reduced operating hours. Our Food Services employee's were unionized and their employment was never actually transferred to Aramark so I can't comment on how that will work out but generally speaking a company that comes in like that tends to pay their employees significantly less than they make working directly for the facility.

Top Bottom