Overflow bottle?

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I remember seeing an overflow bottle for the radiator that would mount behind the number plate. I've looked but I can't remember where I saw it or find one anywhere. Anybody know where to get one? Thanks

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I don't know where you get them, but I think I saw one on a bike at the track last week. On a WR426. Either that or it was an extra gas tank, it was behind the rear # plate. Clean insallation, you could only see it when he was going straight away. At first I thought it was the muffler until I realized that was on the other side.

Last edited:

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
I've boiled over...I'm told it is more common to slow geezers like me than the fast youngsters. Long, rocky uphill trails do it for me. It doesn't have to be hot.

Try www.motionpro.com/mainaccessories.html for a setup like you are looking for.

There are some other things you can do, like put the bottle back near the rear fender, hiding it. I ran 5 feet of tubing (only), providing about 4 cubic inches of overflow, from my radiator overflow to the back end of the bike. Cheap, light and unobtrusive.

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
My KLX300 came with one. I'm not sure the KLX runs hot enough (stock) to need it, but it's nice that Kawasaki included it. It's located under the left number plate, mounted directly to the frame at two points. On a big spill it'll leak through the overflow tube (routed to discharge right above the exhaust) and hit the exhaust pipe, white billowing clouds everywhere!

I'd try Stroker Speed 760-948-2871 or even like Denis Kirk, Chapparral or White Brothers, they probably have it.

Matt

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
CO Dan,
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where.

Normaly I wouldn't need one. However I've found that during desert races you can end up in some good bottle necks when the course gets tight. It would be nice to have the overflow bottle so when the bike does get hot enough to boil out some fluid I won't ;oose it and it will go back into the radiator when I get out on the flats and it cools down. The only bike I saw that didn't loose some fluid this last Sunday during the race was an XR600 :eek:

Last edited:

RiDetILdETh

Jun 27, 2001
My dad's bike (WR426) came with one, he actually took his off and put a 1.6 radiator cap onto it. aparently it keeps it form overheating so much

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…