motodirthead

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2001
I need an oversize tank for a '99 YZ250 for Enduro racing. What do people reccomend? Clarke / IMS / Cycra? Also, does anyone have one they would like to sell?

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Another vote for e-bay. I found my Cycra tank for $50. I really like having the clear \ neutral tank and would readily reccommend either the Cycra, or Clarke tanks. Both fit well and dont affect the bikes ergonomics much. I would stay with the 3 gallon tank, as anything larger really starts to affect the seat \ tank junction.

ynot

Jun 5, 2002
E-bay is the way to go I just got a IMS 3 gallon take for $49 from.

Regeneration Cycle
29360 Hunco Way
Suite B
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
USA

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
I have a clear Cycra 3 gal and a blue IMS 3 gal tank for my 99 YZ. The Cycra fits nicely and has good access to the spark plug but its a little fat through the mid section. For most this isn't going to be a problem but if width is a concern its not the slimmest tank going. The clear tank is nice for racing etc where you need to quickly check how much fuel you have and decide whether you'll pit this lap or the next. The clear tanks turn paper bag brown after a while which isn't the sharpest looking color.

My blue IMS tank is much slimmer than the Cycra though the spark plug access isn't as good. I'd go as far as to say the IMS tank is slimmer than the stock tank through the mid section.

I picked up the Cycra from a fellow DNR member at DW01 and the IMS off ebay. I paid $50 for the Cycra and $24.50 for the IMS. The IMS was new in the bag with and can be fitted with a dry break. The tank was intended for 1996 to 1998 YZ250 but if you don't mind the fact that the indent for the kick start lever is a little short and the kick lever sticks out about 1/4" more than it would with the later design tank then its not going to be a problem. The 96-98 and 99+ tanks are otherwise the same.

David

Top Bottom