Oversized Bars for CRF450 - Options?

wardd

Aug 17, 2000
Just finished my second ride out on my new '03 CRF450. First impressions have been nothing but exceptionally impressed!

I'm planning to race it this weekend, but need to mount either my ProTapers or Twinwalls, rather than run with the weak stock bars.

What are my options for mounting to the existing top triple clamp, other than using the bar clamps which 'plug' the existing hole in the OEM bottom bar clamp? This of course raises the bars up slightly, and most likely creates a weaker mount. Does anyone(ie, Tag, etc...) make bar mounts which simply replace the existing bar mounts alltogether and slip into the stud hole on the OEM triple clamp? I'm not ready to spend $300+ for the entire system from ProCircuit either.

My dealer said what I want is not an option for the '03, but I can't believe that.

Thanks.....
Wardd..

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Pro Taper, Dave Hamel, TAG, and many, many more make bar mounts for 1 1/8" bars. Flip open a catalog or magazine or give MXsouth a call and you'll have one in 3-5 business days. I'm running the Dave Hamel (DH1) with my GPR stabilizer.

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
I have a set of brand new Pro Circuit oversized bar clamps for the CRF for sale. It is a really nice setup including a one piece top clamp and is even anodized red for that ultra trick look. I would be willing to sell for $75. PM me if interested.

Top Bottom