Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i thought DV wear sidi flex force boots? well anyway, i looked into them and look really nice but if i break or lose a buckle i dont want o have to try to hunt one down or mail order one. i decided to go with the alpinestars for the simple fact that they are good quality and are a lot of local dealers where i cam buy extra buckles.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
I just picked up a set of Oxtar TCX Comp boots and have one ride on them. So far it looks like I've found a winner! They appear to be very well built and are comfortable. The ankle "hinge" arrangement is really nice. It provides good lateral support, yet is real easy to walk around in. The design of the sole is pretty cool, too. It is a dual compound set-up with the harder stuff in the arch and at the shifter & brake pedal. I think this is an improvement over the Alpinestars that seem to get tore up where you make contact with the brake pedal. My last two pair of boots were Alpinestar Tech 5 and Tech 6. Each lasted about a year & a half; that's trail riding pretty much every weekend. I really hope to get more miles out of the Oxtars.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I myself don't have personal experience with them, a friend of mine a local AA enduro rider/mx'er has had them since june and loves them. He's hard on his stuff, used to wear tech 8's. Tell's me he won't wear any other boot, really likes them. Likes them so much he became the local distributor for them. What he likes the most is they are comfortable, excellent support and the soles wear alot better than tech 8's. I plan on getting them as my next boots soon as my tech 8's die.

Top Bottom