cw242

May 17, 2000
thanks to all who posted in my previous post, the pic was very helpful!! anyway i busted my magnet with the hole in it (yes i overtighned the screw) the round one epoxyed to the disc fine and should hold up,,, however i just dont feel good with the epoxy the only thing holding it on..... any ideas on where to get more mags??? home depot maybe????? on a side note the thumb switch works when it wants to,,,,seems to be in the connector,,anyone else have this problem???thanks...cw

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
CW, my magnet's been JB welded on for years and I've had no problems.
Radio shak has the mag's, I broke mine just like you and got mine out of
a refrigerator magnet (butterfly). just keep in mind that one side will work
your computer and the other won't, so glue it on correctly. Also i think some
magnets won't work (not strong enough) so get the good ones, or just check
out the frige!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I drilled a blind hole in my rotor and placed a small,1/8 earth magnet into it. The magnet holds itself in place. I had JB welded the magnet on my previous bike. Both work fine.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
You have to press the thumb switch like you mean it. That's one thing they need to improve/change.

Were you the one with the 4-strk. decomp. lever interference? I should have suggested another option: combo clutch/decomp. lever perch (Works Connection?)

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
I have a Pacemaker and use the square magnet with a hole, but I used a piece of alum strip about a inch and a half long to mount the magnet using one of my existing rotor bolts. The magnet sits kind of recessed in the hub, the pickup is mounted with a similar piece of alum strip but bent so that it uses the bolt for the disc guard to hold it on. I dont have a digital camera so I cant upload a pic but this has worked for a long time, without any epoxy which I wouldnt trust.

You could call A-Loop and order another Im sure, all the stuff I used came with my unit.

cw242

May 17, 2000
mags

thanks for the help, ill pick up a spare and give the epoxy a good test over the next month before the season starts, of course it wont fall off until the worst possible moment!! :scream: cw

Top Bottom