pain pain go away come again.....after i am dead

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
injury recap: shattered wrist, surgery-two pins, and synthetic bone graph, 6 weeks in cast, had the pins removed 3 weeks ago.

got back on the bike for the first time and was able to ride. my wrist feels to be about 40% of what it should be, strength wise. i have about 60% range of motion, and 100% pain on any impact larger than a small braking bump. am i healing slow? this is my first injury to a joint and i really don't know what to expect recovery wise.

will

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sounds about right. I assume the Doc gave the OK? If so try taking some pain meds - 600 or 800 mg ibuprofen (sp?) before riding. Do lots of tight left and right turns on the flat to help get the range of motion back.

I used to tie a piece of strong string to the middle of a broomstick and then attach a gallon milk jug to the other end of the string. Hold the broomhandle horizontal with both hands, string in between your hands and wind the jug up and down. Fill the jug with more and more water as your wrist gets stronger.

Good luck - won't take too long till you're roosting again.

kawi35

Jul 20, 2002
yea they are right. dont rush it and you will be better off in the long run. i broke my wrist and i dident ride for at least 1 or 2 mths after i got my cast off.

Top Bottom