Paint for your Pipe?

b1dude

Jul 5, 2004
Looking for anyone's success stories on painting an old exhaust pipe.

I've still got my stocker...it's brand new. Just bought a rev pipe w/o the nickle plate. Looking for any advice on a paint to put on this unfinished pipe to keep it looking good and old the rust devils back. :coocoo:

Again as always..thanks for chimin' in fellas.

Gill

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Heads Up . . . . High heat paint is heat cured. After you spray it on the pipe it needs to be heated before it hardens and sticks well to the pipe. I've found that if you paint the pipe, let it dry then go for a ride it gets soft, weeds and branches wick the paint off and if you drop it in the dirt it becomes embedded in the paint. The fix to this problem is to cure the pain before installing it on the bike. I have access to a high heat oven that I use but a friend used a BBQ with good results as well.

David

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
"best homer voice"

MMMM, grilled FMF, agggghhhh

Leadster

Jul 19, 2005
Just a guess, but surely spraying the pipe is better than painting it aint it? Because soon im going to buy some heat resistant spray paint for my pipe and do it that way. I did want the shiney aluminum look, but I got to many black spots where the dents are, but black will do nicely I guess :cool:

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I know in the street world Jet-Hot is popular. Its a ceramic coating that's sorta shiny, keeps heat in and looks cool:)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…