chooch

Mar 6, 2001
I was wondering if anyone has ever painted their airbox. I have a 93 cr250 and the white part of the airbox that shows on the side is all scratched and stained and I wanted to paint it black. I also wanted to paint it underneath too. Has anyone done this? Did it look good? Do I need special paint :think ? I'm just worried about it cracking and peeling. I was planning to use some multi-purpose spray paint I used on my subframe. Will this work? Thanks,

JohnnyB

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
better yet

stickers, they last longer without chipping or pealing. you can also get a carbon fiber look thing going or even a black and white stripe thing, I have see some body do that on a 94 CR and it looked sharp.

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
I put NStyle's carbon fiber stickers over the airbox of my 94 RM 250. It really looks great. The stickers are very thick, cost about $15, and stick to the airbox very well. I'd go with these. It'll sharpen up the appearance and you won't have to deal with flaking paint.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
If you gotta do paint, use high-temperature spray paint. It sticks a little better than the regular stuff.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I had a post about a month ago asking about dying the white part of my headlight on my XR to match the black plastic on the bike now. Well, I ended up using black bumper paint. It's made to stick to plastic, and it's flexible. It cost about $10. That was for a can of primer, and a can of black paint. I don't have any major crashes on it yet, but I've gone through bushes and branches, and It's held up perfectly. DON"T us regular paints like Krylon. It won't last......
Hope this helps.

Jeremy

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I do the same thing, but it only costs me about $2. I go to my moms friends graphic shop and she can get the carbon fiber sticker stuff. It's really strong and i also put it on my forks.

Originally posted by roosteater
I put NStyle's carbon fiber stickers over the airbox of my 94 RM 250. It really looks great. The stickers are very thick, cost about $15, and stick to the airbox very well. I'd go with these. It'll sharpen up the appearance and you won't have to deal with flaking paint.

wr200r

Jun 8, 2000
I read in a magazine (don't remember which one or when) that yamaha was able to drop intake temperatures on hot days a few degrees using a white airbox instead of black.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom