chuska

Jun 21, 2002
Hello all,

I have really appreciated the input from everyone concerning the Pampera 250/280. I have read every post imaginable concerning these bikes. My problem is that #1 no dealers in this area
and #2 I would like to see one and ride one in real life before shelling out 4 grand.

Does anyone who owns a pampera live anywhere close to Aiken SC, or Augusta GA?

Does any proud GG p owner live close to Cortez CO or Farmington NM? (We are moving in Aug)

Are there any events (trials/MX etc) close to any of the above places that any GGP owner is going to be at?

I would surely like to meet up with someone and look at the bike with my own beady little eyes.

I currently own a xr650r and am looking for a fun little bike for me/my wife to ride.

TIA
Tim

~'01 XR650R BRP

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I live in Amarillo TX, when you move this way, look me up.

I love my P280, and have made no mods so far, this bike is great off the shelf, and is so much fun.

check out http://www.gasgas.com should be able to point you to your local dealer, also gives you info on the local trials events.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There is a pretty strong trials community in Albq. NM where I certian you could hook up with either a Pamper's (:p) owner or dealer that would be happy to let ya' take a spin.

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
ok, now i have a few qusions. What is the power like on a pampera. I realize it probably wont run like my 125, but how is it? Does it have Monster bottom and no top? would you consider this a good bike for a real, honest to goodness beginner? according to gas gas 's website he bike is very light and completely duelsport legal which wold be perfet for my girlfriend if the power doesn't kill her.thanks in avance for any advice

Huskyraca665

Apr 15, 2002
My dad has one and I have ridden it a few times. The power is super smooth. It doesn't have any top end. The power is all bottom. My dad is a beginner and he loves it. Hope this helps.

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Tim we live in Loganville GA east of Atlanta and not too far from Augusta. My wife has had her Pampera since Sept 15, '01 and loves it. We could meet up with you at Town Creek OHV area near Greensboro, GA . It would be about midway between Loganville and Augusta.

Howard & Terry Gilliam

chuska

Jun 21, 2002
Allright,

Thanks for the replies from everybody. HGilliam I will talk to my wife and maybe we can arrange something. Thanks for the offer in any rate.

Tim

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
does anyone know for sure as to the fact that the bikes are streetable (basically legal enough for tags and insurance for mild enduro/duel sport runs). every picture i hve seen of tese bikes it has been with turn signals and all. while i am on the subject of turn signals, why does Gas Gas USA take the turn signals of all the EC models. IF the let the frickin signals on i could go take my Motorcycle endorsement test on it!!

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
SMB, it's a matter of meeting US (or Canadian for that matter) requirements for street use. I beleive, and stand to be corrected, that emission testing is part of that criteria, hence the abolishion of 2 strokes.

All the pics you are seeing are Euro models that do come fully equipped for the road. If this gear was left on machines by US importer, they are subject to fines and forced to remove the machines from the country....these Gov't types play for keeps. I don't think you will ever see a Pampera come into the country in street trim...this however does not necessarily stop the "motivated" from converting them once landed (customer that is).

Top Bottom