naga418

May 30, 2002
Ok ladies help me out a bit. I am thinking of getting a Pampera for my wife to ride. She rides a bit but is a newbie for sure.

Which one do you ride 250 or 280?
What do you like about it and what do you not like about it?
Do you have trouble starting it?

Any other info you can provide will be much appriciated.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Send a PM to BunduBasher, he has a nearly-new Pampera for sale and needs to sell ASAP (got laid off I think). He raved about that bike! I think he's in Texas too. :thumb:

naga418

May 30, 2002
Just talked to him on the phone. I think it is the bike for her, but I wanted some honest opinions from other ladies riding them.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Steve, PM CJRider, and she will get you in touch with some of the lady Pamp riders.

My honest opinion, it is like a KDX designed and built for the ladies, only better :) (OK for short guys too ! ;) )

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
My wife will have had her Pampera a year on Sept 15. She loves it more every time she rides it and gets faster and better everytime we ride. She has a lot of troublefree miles on it since we do a lot of DualSport rides as well as playride a lot. The bike starts easy, doesn't stall hardly ever, and handles very well in the tight knarley stuff. she says it's cheating going up hills! It doesn't try to stand up and go over backwards like her TTR did on the hills. Buy your wife/girlfriend/significant other a GasGas Pampera and she will thank you everytime she rides it! Mine does.

We're on our way to Land Between the Lakes KY for a DualSport ride this weekend followed by a trip to Hatfield/McCoy OHV area in WV. Lots more miles next week on GG and P'unkin!

Toolman :yeehaw:

kathy127

Nov 10, 2001
How tall is your wife? And what does she weigh? Not to get personal, but I have been riding for 20 years and the height of the seat and the weight of the bike mean a great deal. You can see little guys fly over triples on a 60 or 65 cc bike, but the weight of the bike is right for the weight of the rider. A heavier bike for a lighter rider just feels like a slug even if it does torque up hills. A lighter bike is 'flickable' and the cc's can go with rider ability. I weight 120 which is too light for the motorcycle industry and I won AMA Hare Scramble races on my KX100.
My problem is that at 5'6", I am really too tall for the KX100 and I am looking for the SX200.

kathy127

Nov 10, 2001
If she is 5'4" she would probably LOVE a kx100 and my son (not I) took that bike over doubles. I climbed Calf's highest peaks with it. It has the ability and it is fun.

naga418

May 30, 2002
My wife is 5'5" but has short legs. SHe rode a CR125 and a TTR250 both of which were fine on the track, but in the woods you need more control and she really does not need the top end of either of those bikes. I am so convinced she would like the Pampera I was just looking for more rider info. You can't get enough info in this sport. I would say if she masters a bike like the Pampera and wants to go faster in the fuutre we can cut down a 250RFS KTM to go along with my 520.

Thanks ladies for all the help and keep it coming for the next person to read.

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Hi naga418..
I am very happy with the Pampara 280.!. For my size and type of riding its a great bike.. everyone who rides it..male, feamle large or small has a blast on it..Im 5-2 ,125 lb. I Im delighted to ride something light, small, big wheels and with decent power..Because of its good low & mid-range it works super in tight woods and trail..and believe me we have tested it...

The bigest changes I made were raising the foot pegs and a simple suspension adjustment.Added some goodies and and a few other adjustments for my personal fit ..other then that it was good to go!
I answered your PM and sent you my Ph if you want any other info I'd be glad tpo help.

Good luck !

Top Bottom