Paragon 9/4/05

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Can't make it down there this weekend. probably the next ride I'll make down there will be in November

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Papakeith said:
Can't make it down there this weekend. probably the next ride I'll make down there will be in November
Does that mean you are in for the November ride Keith :nod:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I'm planning on it

Should be up there early Sunday and staying through Monday with another friend. What time are you thinking about getting there?

Anyone know of a hotel in the area to stay?

Gordon

bneide

Jun 22, 2005
Gordon, I usually get there between 9:00 and 9:30. I've got a silver Ford F150 with a KDX 200. I'm not really sure the best place to stay. On the last DRN ride I know some guys stayed at a place called the Forset Hills in Hazelton. They said it was about the most economical place to stay and didn't think it was too bad. I've never been there myself so I can't vouch for it. See you there.

Bruce

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Bruce, my plans have changed a little as to what time I'll be there. Looks like we'll be leaving here around 9, so I'll be there around 10:30. I'll either be in a Black Chevy Avalanche pick-up or a Tan Mercury Sable either way pulling a trailer with two CR250 on it.

See you up there

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey, Bruce sorry I missed you. I got there around 11:30 and rode till about 5:00. We were parked down in the back row and I was there with the Black Avalanche and trailer. I did send you my cell phone number but don't know if you got it.

Maybe next time!

Gordon

bneide

Jun 22, 2005
Gordon, things ended up working out okay in the end. I got there at 10:30 and stuck around until a little after 11:30. I then went out to take a look around for about an hour or so. When I came back I ran in to a guy I met on a previous DRN ride named Nate. He said you and your friend just went out to ride. So I ended up riding the rest of the afternoon with him and, in fact, I think you passed us going back out as we were coming back to the parking lot. We just couldn't seem to get together. I'm usually looking for someone to ride with so don't hesitate to send me an email if you're looking for a partner.

Bruce

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I remember Nate from the last DNR ride also didn't see him there before we went in or I would have said hello. Too bad I enjoy riding with the guys that really know the good single track trails! I was out riding with Dan this past Saturday and it was a real treat. He really knows that place like the back of his hand. I know Dan is a guide there and for some reason I think Nate might also be but I'm not sure.

Let me know if you can make it this Sunday. Where are you coming from? I'm going to be leaving from Summit, NJ just off 78 if you want to car pool with gas the way it is right now.

NRB

May 4, 2003
I'm not a guide up there, but I have been a member for the last three years and since I know Dan he is always showing me new trails or ones I haven't been on before.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
And there are a couple new trails since last time we rode together too, so theres something new for your newxt trip. Gordon and I did one of the new trails this past weekend.

bneide

Jun 22, 2005
Gordon, I've included a links to the entry form and to the ECEA below. It's this Sunday in Brandonville, PA. You need a headlight and taillight on the bike as well as a muffler with spark arrester. You do need a license plate but they never seem to look too closely at mine. This is done because on most enduros small sections of road are used to connect the trails. Take a look at the links and see what you think.

http://vftr.org/images/Files/vftr_entry_2005.pdf
http://www.ecea.org/

Bruce

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Sounds like a good time but since I don't have that type of bike I'll be at Paragon SUnday.

Hey Nate next time say hello since I don't recall what you look like or drive, it would have been fun to ride as a larger group.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…