CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
It's been one year since I broke my ankle at Paragon, so to celebrate I'm going to spend a nice DRY (I hope) Sunday at Paragon on the 24th. Should be me and three others. Anyone up for a day in the rocks!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will be at Broome Tioga for the nationals on the 24th.  Let me know next time you are going.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ill probably be up Sat and Sun but Sunday is usally for riding with my girlfriend. Are you going to be up Saturday? If she decides not to come up Ill be there with bells on.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'll be there saturday with family and quads. Then Sunday a buddy and i are doing the bike thing so look me up. Either a new Dodge Ram quad cab (dont know what color yet as i havent picked one) or my buddies Charcoal Grey Silverado ext cab. Both will have a trailer behind it.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Based on what the wifes were saying the other night...Sunday is the day.

Dan, any chance of getting some maps of the new single track (or just some better maps than the red and green scribble Paragon gives us)? BTW, my son was very excited to see his picture on Paragon's ATV/Motorcycle page. He says thanks!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'll be at Broome too so won't be coming. I am going to try and make it down in Sept sometime. I have some riding buddies that I have been working on to come down.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Opps! I thought that was labor day weekend, but its not, Ill be up Sat and Sun Labor day weeked, not the 24th, but I might just get up this Sunday the 17th, not sure yet, 5 weeks is just to long to go with out riding ya know?

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Well I'm not going on the 24th either. Everyone that was going bailed. Damn, a whole weekend to myself (wife and kids out of town) and no one to ride with. Looks like laps around the home track...again.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You could always do the next best thing after riding, and head up to Broome-Tioga to watch the nationals

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Not everyone, my plans are still the same. Quads on saturday and two of us on bikes sunday. So if you want to ride sunday with us stop by paragon. I dont know the trails like Dan does but everyone enjoys a nice day of riding around lost, right? You get to see new stuff that way. :) Should be there around 9 or 10 am each day. Call my cell (listed in caravan thread) or look for a dark charcoal Silverado with 2 kodiaks, YZ426F, and YZ450F. If you show up saturday my silver Ram quad cab will be there with 4 quads on i too. I have a Dirtrider.net window sticker and emblem on the my truck.

I'm leaving here in less than 2 hours so i probably wont see any replies til i get back. So if you want to ride Sunday call or look for us.

Latter, time to have fun!

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Hmmm.... I was looking to ride this weekend... What time are you all getting together? 10 again? Are you planning on riding the tough stuff or can the amature join ya? There might be another great photo op... ;)

Dave

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Dave, Give me a call at 908.537.7550

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Welp...I think I broke my toe....lol

I decided to take today and work on the bike, after changing the oil, I was taking it off the bikestand and somehow managed to put it down (kickstand down) on my big toe. It hurt so badly when it went down I let go of the bike thus putting the entire weight of the bike on the 1"x1" square piece of steel resting comfortably on my toenail. My toenail is now very black, very sore, and i'm thinking in need of an x-ray.

Don't think I'll make it to Paragon tomorrow, but hopefully, I will be able to walk without a massive limp :(

uggggg.....

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Only 1 black toenail?????I had 3 black toes and a black and blue foot a couple weeks ago when I dropped the bike and the footpeg fell on top of my foot.......It was a week and a half before i could put any weight on the foot, but I was still out riding the next day.   Now that I look back at that, I must be stupid

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well i had a blast riding this past weekend. Dan, you'll enjoy this. I took the family on the "good, bad, and ugly" trail with the quads. I never got so many dirty looks. How was i suppose to know it was more Ugly than good and all rocks. :) A couple more rides and might know where i'm going.

Side note, they were filming an episode of Blind Date there. The camera man filmed Shawn and I on the bikes but i doubt we'll make it on the show. Will have some photos in afew days once i get caught up at work.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by scooter1130
Only 1 black toenail?????I had 3 black toes and a black and blue foot a couple weeks ago when I dropped the bike and the footpeg fell on top of my foot.......It was a week and a half before i could put any weight on the foot, but I was still out riding the next day.   Now that I look back at that, I must be stupid

You sir, are a better man than I Dan. I am having a hard enough time walking let alone riding. After a visit to the emergency room yesterday, it seems I have a hairline fracture, and a nasty contusion. So nasty in fact, they had to drill a hole through the top of the toenail to relieve the pressure. (A very unpleasant experience I might add) The nail will be coming off in the next two weeks, said the doc, so I am looking at around 3-4 weeks of discomfort. I plan on getting back on the bike in a couple of weeks though. Come hell or high water. Which is not altogether unlikely in NJ! ;)

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Hey, at least he didn't suggest maggots for the infection!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom