scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
If you are from Upstate NY, you should have no problems with your current jetting...elevation ranges from around 1900 feet down to around 1200 feet.  The biggest drop on a hill would be turtle trail which starts just over 1800 feet and drops down to just below 1200 at the bottom

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by gooby
Hey all,i was thinking of making the trip from upstate ny(north of syracuse).At first i was thinking saturday but due to work i can't get prepared if i am to go and might even have to work sat now.I keep threatening to go to paragon ,are people going to be there for sure sunday?I ask because one....i might be free to get there finally,two.... it looks like i'm alone and don't want to drive down and not be able to go riding.

Me and a friend from work will be there Sunday around 9am. I drive a silver subaru forrester and will have a KLX400 on a flat trailer. As I stated earlier he's riding a dual sport and is new at riding off road so we will be taking it easy if you're still interested let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you. You can post here or email me at gxdragon@aol.com put PARAGON in the subject otherwise I may delete with my junk mail.

Scooter, is the single track marked any better than it was when we rode it in July? I only remember that one entry point about halfway up a hill. hope it's easier to find now.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
gxdragon,  sorry but I haven't gotten around to working on any of the single track lately.  I am waiting for some orange arrows instead of the green and black onest they are using now, and I have been busy guiding the last few weekends.  Now it is too close to the moonshine enduro to mark any trails, since I don't want to get our markers mixxed up with theirs (although that could add some confusion and excitement to the race :laugh: )  So I probably won't get around to any more trail marking until after Dirtweek.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
What can i say but wow! Today was an absolute blast!It was exciting and challenging compared to the bunny trails i ride around home ,met very cool people .Excellent time guys,i'm glad to have had the chance to meet and ride with you,thanks again .Hey ,i'll be thinking about that single track for days :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
gooby, glad you finally had the chance to experience Paragon.  Maybe next time, I'll be able to ride with you a little more.

Don't forget about the 21st if you can make it

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I went on Saturday, but it was a short day. The guy I went with hit a tree as we were cruising down trail 78. He zigged when he should have zagged, locked up the brakes (now your a passenger!) and sandwiched his knee between a tree and his bike. I drove him to the hospital and after a 3-hour wait we learned that he didn't do any real damage, it's just painful and swollen. We thought that it was broken so it’s a good outcome.

I looked for Jason, and waited until 10am before we hit the trails. Sorry we missed you.

They are doing a lot of work to that place. The sand pit area has been totally cleaned up and the top of Valley Road has been widened. I was hoping to see the progress on the MX tracks but Dwayne’s injury made that a lesser priority.

I probably wont get back there until after DW.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Sorry I missed you RV, I got held up in a long line in the sign in trailer and just missed you, I was running a bit later than normal too but I was up there at 9:45 and just missed you. I did see you on the trail at one point I think but I was tied up with anoter group and I was leading. Sorry I missed you and sorry about your bud, I did get some fun riding in with some people I met in the lot from NY that were ready to roll out since I needed to go out with someone. Then after lunch we did a two man DRN WR ride and had a good time checking out some unfamiliar trails. Then I met some buds in the camp ground and we did a lightning rip into and back out of paragon as a guys KTM just started falling apart from the 30MPH abuse :) . My front tire went flat too but thats nothing new nor a reason to stop :) .

Top Bottom