Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by RedWingDS
Tree do you have a 86`YZ250? does it have all its gears ?

Yeah i still have it and it has all its parts. I havent rode it since i got the 450 but keep it around in case i want to ride something really wicked. That bike is a handful. Plus my brother inlaw may ride it next summer.

Flying Scot, your KTM had CRD parts. I had to sell afew to get gas money for the trip. You can ride a wheelie for a really long time right? It has no front wheel either. Good thing Squeaky got new plastic as i sold that too. ;)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You were still able to sell Squeaky's plastic even after the way it looked when we were done riding it?  WOW you must be some salesman

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by Flying Scot

You got a load of Chief and his abusive buddies.

(Hmmm. To me they seemed better behaved than usual, :) )

At least you have an excuse 350lb bike with a 165lb rider/ :laugh:

(That's the Gospel. I used to ride a streetlegal XL500 and man it didn't want to turn or stop!!! Whenever I'd ride w/ the MX'ers the bike would need frame straightening and Redwing came out of it w/ no damage. That's a feat in itself !!!!! Just consider what you could do on a woods or MX bike.)

I think we all had a great time and really a great bunch. Wish you guys could have stayed for the 2nd 1/2 Scot.

We have places to ride up here for free right out our backyard. The riding is faster and more open, but getting together w/ the DRN folk is worth it.

BTW if anyone wants to hit some riding up my way (it's about 40 minutes North of Paragon) let me know. We'd be glad to show you some good stuff and a great time.

Chief

Last edited:

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
thanks for the pat on the back,riding my BRP with you guys was a work out.needed to dial in the shocks for those Bedrock trails(Yabba Dabba Doo). i keep the front pretty tight for riding in NJ mush,too much dive and it will send me diving. sometimes i dont think that bike knows im on it.
that last ride with you guys pretty much signed the deal for me to go get a full blown off-road bike. being the lover of RED i have been looking for a while and i think i may switch to BLUE. oh i can see you Yam freaks jumping up and down now. dont get to happy i dont have one yet and it still has to grow on me once i get it. ;o). ummm..., i can paint it red cant i ... ?Yamonda
found 2 YZ 250's, both with a decent amount of hours on them. one owned by a guy who played and one use to be a race bike (GNCC) the race bike is done up real nice like. supposed to be like the one Barry Hawk rides. BIG GRIN! :D
i should have something this weekend or next weekend.

Chief im up for a ride in your neck of the woods sometime.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Hey Red,

You just made a commitment. So what days are you free? I have a rotating schedule which means I can ride during the week sometimes, other times weekends are included. Outdoor camping is provided no charge (campfire and neighbors that won't call the local enforcement) but you should probably spring for the beer ;) . We usually ride up until late November so get your arse up here. The terrain will be more friendly for that monster you mount.

So you have an opportunity to get another bike huh? Lucky you. Just a reminder, an MX race bike isn't a trail bike (especially suspension-wise). Any KTM exc's available? What about a 125 mx? Take your time and find something you love instead of buying something else and putting on mods out the ass.

What Does BRP mean? I have one guess. Lemme know and I'll tell you what I thought.

Talk To Ya Soon,

Joe Chief

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
BRP = Big Red Pig its what the 650 owners call their steeds. mine is the fattest of the piggy's and slowest

my idea of camping is getting a room at the Hilton. i ride in the cold too, use to ride in the snow.

i work goofy hours so i can get away during the week.

oh yeah i hear ya on the bike thing, i got the XR cause i havent owned a bike in years.(about 7 or so years) everytime i sell a bike i get the shakes. bought the 650 used last year with 1728 miles on it. now showing 7000.
didnt want to have to tow everywhere , still wanted to ride the street (have no idea why) needed to be street legal and didnt feel like going the VT route.
so i opted for the DS crap. XR650L the L stands for luxury,lounge,love seat. lol

always wanted a big bore 4 stroke and always wanted a 250 2stroke. so i have been looking for a all out off road bike for a while.use to love KTM's but the stigmata of yester year still effects me. i dont think i want a 125, i love POWER! need a 2 wheeled excavator. i dont like having to clutch to get wheel spin or front wheel lift. take a look at my sprockets and chain some time ;o) no replacement for displacement in some cases.

if i went out and picked up a MX bike the first thing depending on the manufacturer, would be port and polish, and do a complete top and bottom.
turn out the clickers and soften it up. really wanted a WR450 but cant commit to the price tag,and im still not 100% sold on the high performance 4 strokes. gets very violent inside those cases.

i can get a 00`YZ250 needs some minor stuff and i would do a rebuild on it selling for 2500.00. but after a rebuild and the usual stuff like brakes and cables i could just buy a new one,well close to it anyway. ex. 03`KX250 4k,left over CR250 $4650, 03 KDX 200 and 220R $3000 and $3300. so that is where i stand. oh and a 01 KDX220R SHOWROOM for $2800

if i sell the TRX250R i will for sure get a bike. right now im looking used and the season is almost up. means more deals :o)
------------------
please excuse the rambling as it has been a tiresome day, here is why.

THIS IS A POST ABOUT THE BARRY HAWK BIKE I WENT TO BUY TODAY !!!

much thanks to you guys for the info, but i saw the bike and decided its a BIG NO!
first the guy lied to me after i asked him repeatedly about the bike. i get there and im so pissed, a 5 hour drive to take a look at what was something that should have had some maintenance.
barry sold the bike to current owner, he raced it and didnt maintane it.
i estimate the bike at 10-12k new, but as it sits your pretty much buying parts. motor wasnt too bad but would need a rebuild shortly(like next week), dented swingarm(i asked atleast 5 times about the SA), the following were shot , fr pads & rotor,r pads & rotor, chain , sprockets F&R, rust all over frame, 2 coats of rust on the PC raw pipe, and a triple clamp turned into a standard double clamp with the holes filled in with silicone ??? i have no idea i guess he didnt want the aluminum to pit who knows. but it was done to both sides.
if i had not been lied to i think i would have taken the bike. only to have to rebuild it. but i bet the motor work alone was over 1300.00. but when sellers lie to me even if i can see past it , it just makes me not want anything. problem with that is almost every idiot out there lies. oh i dont know, i have no idea, i think it was... and so on and so on. you know the way the lies roll out.
so 10 hours later im home 130 bucks shorter then when i left but i bike seed money is still in hand.
next time im taking all my guns and playing with them while i look at the items FOR SALE ! ;o)

damn it im not a happy camper today. i gave up riding for 2 days on top of this sh*t.

well i vented thanks again for the input guys.

Red

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Is the guy who is selling the bike a DRN'er? If so, whats his name so I can avoid him!! Word of mouth goes a long way!!! Screw him!!

TURK

Apr 2, 2002
RedWingDS:

I have an'02 KTM 200 EXC for sale, if you're interested. The bike is in very good condition....good chain and sprockets, suspension just serviced, low miles on new top end, all the offroad accessories (skid plate, pipe gaurd, clutch mc gaurd, etc), FMF and Stock silencers, braided steel clutch hose, EE e-z pull clutch lever, pro quality maintenance....send me an email if you want more info......

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by scooter1130
You don't have to worry Dave, that hill you love so much is still marked as an uphill, with both the Orange, and green arrows.

Does this mean you get to watch me wipeout going up and going down on this hill? :eek:

Yikes!

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
TURK i found him through an add, unfortuenately i havent uped my membership here and cant post a pic of the bike. trust me if you see it you will know its the bike.

Joe nada just checked my mail and it may have not made it. should work this time, all is well in the box. that didnt sound right did it ...

yawning dirtbike hunting is hard work. maybe i should be a better scope,hmmm

Top Bottom