Paragon Sunday 10/23

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Me and two buddies are going up Sunday. Anyone know the place well and want to lead a ride. I've been there twice but haven'y found much of the single track yet (at least that I can remeber how to get to it)

Anyone want to join.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 13, 2005
Posted in another forum, but will ask here. Looking for someone who also knows paragon and can point me to some trails that are not all rock.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I changed the date.

11/23 is a Wednesday 10/23 is a Sunday
Jerry, ask about paragon in the Damn Yankee forum. someone I'm sure will chime in.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hmmm...I might be interested in riding Sunday. Let me check with my schedule (read: wife :ohmy)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hmm. Have to think about this one. Been wanting to ride for a couple weeks now, but got washed out with all the rain and then we've been fighting colds. This weekend could be good, and my hubby knows most of the single-track at Paragon... :boss:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
LoriKTM said:
...and my hubby knows most of the single-track at Paragon... :boss:
Don't you mean mountain goat single track?? :moon:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
...you have a problem with mountain-goat single track? Guaranteed no jeeps or quads on the trail!! :nod:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
LoriKTM said:
...you have a problem with mountain-goat single track? Guaranteed no jeeps or quads on the trail!! :nod:
It's not so much the trail, it's the mountian goat leading :yikes:

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Ok, let me know if anyone is in. I check the website a couple times a day.

njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
if my parts come in, i will show up on sunday.

went riding with gordon last weekend - great guy, & good rider. he definately gave me a workout! had a good time though. Turtle road is tough on a bike - but i made it up without falling or stopping!!

lost the nut & right side chain adjuster on my rear axle. had to use a vice grip to secure the axle to get back tot he parking area.

anyone know how long mx south takes to ship stuff out? hopefully it gets to me by friday

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OK, I should be there Sunday by 9:00 in the lower back part of the parking area. I have a red Dakota quad cab with a Zuk in the back. When do you guys plan on arriving?

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I have not set an arrival time, but 9 sounds ok to me. I'm keeping an eye on the weather. I'm not going to go if it's pouring. BUt right now weather channel says 30% chance. I'm fine with that. 70% chance it won't rain :-)

I don't know what I will be driving yet, but most likely a blue ram 2500 with american flags on the side and back window. with a DRZ. or two (one camo)

Nick

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm coming by myself so if you won't be coming then please post here by 6:00 Saturday evening. A little rain doesn't bother me. Post even if you are coming. Thanks

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I am planning on going out there next weekend (10/28-29) if you'd like to join me.

I am familiar with the park, and can take you out for a day of easy riding if you want. Busy this weekend, but planning on going out Friday night, staying over, then leaving Saturday early evening.

Let me know! I'll be checking back in on Monday.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I'm definitely in. I just emailed you my info, but weather is now showing it clearing by 9-10am. Should be a great day of riding.

Nick

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002

Dave, where do you stay when you go out there. I'm thinking of going out tomorrow night and just staying over.

Nick

Oct 13, 2005
Dave thanks for the invite, I am going to try to open up my schedule for Saturday. I will let you know in the middle of the week. Thanks for the offer!

4-Stokin'

Nov 11, 2001
There's 4 or 6 of us going from Thumpertalk.
Weather should clear up nicely, but it'll be chilly. (40's)
Hope to see you guys/gals there.
I'll be in a white GMC Safari minivan with a three bike trailer.
Should get there around 9:30.
Print out your maps ahead of time. They're available on Paragon's site.

Randy

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Cool. I'll be there. probably 9am.
I'll be driving a Blue Dodge Ram with american flags on the side and back window. With 2 drz's. One yellow and one Camo.

Nick

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey guys

Just caught on to the post. Jason I'll be there too will have a group of about 5-6 myself so it looks like there should be plenty of us to fend off some of those quads trying to take over after Dan did all that great work marking out the single tracks. I don't know how long it's been since most of you have been there but he really did the biking community a big favor marking all the trails and making them easy to find.

Thanks Dan

I'll be in a pick-up with a trailer will have a CRF450X and CR250 on the trailer and a couple of quads in the bed. I know now you'll all ahet me for bringing the quads but I have too, sorry.

Gordon

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Oh yeah I won't be there till about 10:30ish after all it is Sunday doesn't anyone sleep in?

4-Stokin'

Nov 11, 2001
gtrinkler said:
Oh yeah I won't be there till about 10:30ish after all it is Sunday doesn't anyone sleep in?

A.....you must not have a small child in the house and
B......2 hr trip to PAP requires an EARLY start!

All systems go for me, although we're down to only 2 of us.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
What a great ride. The weather was perfect and although is was wet, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You just had to wheelie a lot!!

Sorry I didn't see you before we went out Godron. The quads you were with wouldn't have like the single track anyway :ohmy:. Nice bike BTW!

4-stokin', I didn't see this thread until now so I never looked for ya.

We ended up hooking up with a couple of guys that normaly ride Tower City and I showed tham around. They both wanted some elevation changes so I showed them a big arse hill climp out of the play area that they both made it up...after a try or two! Nick's buddy got a picture of him that the very to trying to pull his bike up and over. Funny thing is, neither of them made it up Howie Hill :yikes: What a blast. It was a small group and we covered a lot of ground.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…