Paragon This Saturday- To All Who Went

RichKDX200

Nov 7, 2004
Hey this is Rich with the 91' KDX 200, Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who were nice enough to invite my cousin and I ( Dave - DRZ 400 ), to ride along with you guys, we had a great time. Wanted to know everyone's user names on here so we can all keep in touch and maybe go again soon. Also, let me know when the pics get posted up here and where to find them,

thanks again guys,

-Rich

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It was good to meet you guys. The weather was perfect. We'll have a better ride in the Spring so keep in touch.

BTW, I was on the Zuk with the #11

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
RichKDX200 said:
Hey this is Rich with the 91' KDX 200, Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who were nice enough to invite my cousin and I ( Dave - DRZ 400 ), to ride along with you guys, we had a great time. Wanted to know everyone's user names on here so we can all keep in touch and maybe go again soon. Also, let me know when the pics get posted up here and where to find them,

thanks again guys,

-Rich

Nice to meet you Rich. Pleasure riding with ya... Except for that Soy oil premix.. UGGGG! Yuck dude! ;)

I know I know.. it's good stuff, but man that stuff gives me a headache! LOL It was fuin ridin with you guys though.. Its always nice to see another 89-94 KDX out there... I am definately thinking about one or two more rides up there in the upcoming weeks, so keep an eye open!

Nice to meet you guys!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great meeting you Rich. Im Jason, with the WR 400 and the Halloween Helmet :aj: . Great to see my DRN buds as always and meet the some new buds. Awesome day, great riding, great guys, thats what riding and DRN are all about IMHO. Ill post a thread in the race ride report sub forum if no one else does after lunch if I have time. I only have a few pics from Sunday and I left em at home but I can post them then too.
Im up for some more riding this year Dave, Ill keep and eye out and if its just us maybe we can hit the other side then and you can see how the red necx live :laugh: .

Kryten

Aug 26, 2004
Nice meeting you Rich. I really enjoyed the ride on Saturday - I was the the noob on KDX220. I'm hoping to go out to Paragon again before the end of the year - I need plenty of practice!

DRZDAVE

Nov 8, 2004
Hi this is Dave with the DRZ. I had a great time riding with all of you last Saturday. I regret leaving the group after lunch to take pictures with my cousin Rich. We both (Rich KDX200) got stuck behind many SUVs. We detoured a few times then got lost somewhere by the mine section. We both had a Blast riding with everyone. Hopefully we can get in one more ride in this year.

Thanks again,
Dave

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Treejumper said:
Nice! What's up with everyone and that hill? :laugh:

LOL.. I don't think it's "everyone", so much as everyone with a KDX 200...

If there's one thing an angry little two stroke doesn't like is a surprise hill that sneeks up on you around a bend that just came onto in 2nd or worse, bogging in 3rd gear. Especially when it's got a tub like me hanging on for dear life..

I got lucky this time, I had just downshifted before I realized where I was, and by then it was almost too late.. I made it, but not without leaving the trail briefly before hitting it hard in 2nd gear!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I have my own trouble with that hill on the 450. My problem is when i crack the throttle to make it, it wheelies me off the path and then i have to make my own path up that hill. It is a challenge sometimes.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Treejumper said:
I have my own trouble with that hill on the 450. My problem is when i crack the throttle to make it, it wheelies me off the path and then i have to make my own path up that hill. It is a challenge sometimes.

I think we can both honestly say we've made that a wider friendlier trail :)

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Awesome Pics! I love the one with the KDX going up, the look in the eyes, face, and the KDX begging the stress of the climb with white smoke pouring out the pipe,,, that hill gives classic shots,,,, now you know why I stopped for a few seconds to hold up the riders before we attacked the hill :nener: to let the camera men get in place :rotfl: .

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The standard procedure for that hill is for me to bring an unsuspecting group through the single track to the hill while Nate races around to get to the top of the hill with his camera in hand before we get there. Who ever makes it to the top leaves their bike and rushes back to watch the carnage. Newbs are told to wait for help when they crash until a good picture can be taken. When someone is having an especially hard time the crowd can grow to a pretty size.

It’s all real good fun :p

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
RM_guy said:
The standard procedure for that hill is for me to bring an unsuspecting group through the single track to the hill while Nate races around to get to the top of the hill with his camera in hand before we get there. Who ever makes it to the top leaves their bike and rushes back to watch the carnage. Newbs are told to wait for help when they crash until a good picture can be taken. When someone is having an especially hard time the crowd can grow to a pretty size.

It’s all real good fun :p

This is too true.... I have some classic photos from my first experience with "my" hill LOL. This one is definately one of my favorites... :yeehaw:

Attachments

• davewheelie.jpg
    davewheelie.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 100

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
DaveRS575 said:
This is too true.... I have some classic photos from my first experience with "my" hill LOL. This one is definately one of my favorites... :yeehaw:
Yeah and that was when the trail was a true single track. There was a rock right smack in the middele of the hill that was hidden by the brush. The shot Dave shows is what happens when you hit it :ohmy: Now the trial up the hill is as wide as a freaking freight train but it still gets at least someone that doesn't carry any speed around the turn at the bottom.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
True... and lots of crazy scrub all around too.. I love this facial expression.. :eek:

Attachments

• richdetermined.jpg
    richdetermined.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom