RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
Hello fellow riders there is a TOYS FOR TOTS run coming up at
PARAGON off road park. PARAGON is located in HAZLETON,Pa.
they will be holding the ride on November 1st and 2nd 2003

http://www.paragonap.com

this is a great place to ride and there is something for everyone.

thanks for listening and hope to see you there. after all its a good cause and a great reason to ride and see Paragon with some friends old and new.

Red

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
That's cool. What events are they hosting. If I bring a cool toy do I ride for free?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You can ride for $20 if you bring a new unwrapped toy, also a portion of the entrance fee will be donated to the U.S. M. C. R. Toys for Tots program.  As Redwing said, it is for a good cause.

Last edited:

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
i sure hope the lack of posts are not a reflection of people interested in helping unfortunate children. you would be surprised at what one kind gesture could do for a child with nothing on Christmas/Hannaka. a gift from a stranger can give more then you might imagine. little things in life go a long long way. and what might seem small to you is GIGANTIC to a young mind.

let us not be shown up by the Harley Riders even though we are all riders of bikes. dirt bikers seemed to be considered criminals more so then the cruiser riders of the past.

every year i try to help out with some sort of charity , a couple years ago i did something for a sick boy in Childrens Hospital of Pennsylvania, to make a long story short i was surprised to find out that i was the first to ever have a local news station to do a cover story on sick child. maybe some of you saw it (NBC10), they featured the story for 3 days and the local radio station(94 WYSP) mentioned the boy on the radio.

his life has been changed for the better for ever more. lifes little lessons that keep on giving.im guessing toys are prefered as opposed to stuffed animals.

thanks for listening and hope to see some of you there ,

Red
"dirt biking good clean fun"

i know scooter isnt going to let us down.i may ride saturday so if i dont see you scooter have fun sunday my friend.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I can only swing 1 ride every 2 months or so at Paragon. 400 miles is too far to do all the time plus i work weekends otherwise i'd be there.

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
i hear ya TREE JUMPER i know you travel a long way across the state just to ride with us who live much closer to Paragon. we need more like yourself at Paragon more often,not just for the TOYS FOR TOTS RUN but to ride with in general.

im sure there is some sort of charity run near you and if not you can always start one. or just do something nice for someone near your homestead.
one day when we have time ill tell ya a little story about a boy i met in the Childrens Hospital of Pennsylvania.(CHOP)

i plan on trying to get NBC10 of Philadelphia to cover the Paragon Run this weekend , not sure if they will but im gonna try my best. NBC10 has been very nice to me in the past so there is a chance we will make the news.

left a message on one of Paragon's answering machines the other day but no reply yet.doesnt really bother me as i will do what i can for the kids anyway.

i would love to see about 100,000 dirt bike riders ride in to Philadelphia with toys for kids. after all what kid doesnt like dirt bikes? when they see the bikes and people they forget how sick they are, even if its just for one day.

i use the example to show them that if they think about positive things that they can change the way the illness's effect them. and that one learning experience can teach so much and be the one thing that gives them some hope of getting better. as the mind is a very powerfull thing. some kids spend most of their life in the hospital if not in some cases all of their life. i dont know much about the up coming run and if they help out kids in the hospital but if i can help out any kid im there. as all kids are special

well let me stop rambling and get to making my phone call. thanks to all who are going and if you can't make it we understand.

Red

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Red Wing, the lack of responce for the Paragon ride I am sure is from lack of not being able to commit to Paragon itself and not for the charity. I can not commit to Paragon but I do donate to the cause. CHOP has definately been the best hospital I ever had to visit. I am sure most children's facilities are similar and if they aren't they should learn. In my bizarre way of dealing with things I refer to my daughter's stay as a "vacation " there. The grief, anger and fear usually associated with why you need to be there dissapears when you are there. The excellent and friendly staff from the parking lot attendants in the basement all the way up to the top floor definately follows that "Patch Adams" persona of treating the whole patient and not just the symptoms. You get to see children being children there, having fun and learning. Which sometimes cannot be duplicated outside that environment.

I will say Toys for Tots has to be one of the best organizations to donate to. Has to be atleast 99.9% of the proceeds going to the intended cause not many "charitable " organizations can even come close to that claim. I cannot commit to Paragon but if anybody going would like buy a 30$ toy for the cause I will gladly reimburse them.You can read that as "would anybody going to Paragon willing to do me a favor?"

I can't say enough about Toys for Tots , stereo typical "outlaw" bikers and America's finest working together for a cause that is so pure it brings tears to my eyes.

Semper Fi,Live to Ride and its for the children.

'nuff said

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
jmics19067 email me off line @ RedWingDS@msn.com
by looking at your zip i think your pretty darn close to me.
and i would love to hear from you in regaurds to this run and or doing something for CHOP.
i cant be contacted through DRN since im only a subscriber, i tried to upgrade a couple of times but no luck. i will trying again this week or after the Paragon Toy Run.

thanks much
Red

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Jim, sorry I can't make this one. The only reason I'm getting out at all this weekend is because it's less than a hour away and the Mrs. said OK.

Have a good time.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
No sorry needed Dave. I won't be going to Paragon either in fact it doesn't look like any type of riding till next spring for me :whiner:
<even my bicycle is broke>

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
hmmm, i think RM_guy is scared of me and my KX250 not the KX100 that scooterdan got a shot of me on. ;)
dan wouldn't it be a shame if you hit the delete button on that camera :D

could be worse i could have been dressed like that guy at DirtWeek. you know the one pink tights,cape and pink scooter.

ya think he was following a 2 stroke with bad rings mixed at 10:1 or something ?

have a good ride RM_guy hope to see you and the wack pack crew again before the year is over.

ride on ,
Red

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Hey Jim,

Don't worry about the picture, I won't delete it&nbsp; ;) &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But don't feel so bad, At least you knew the picture was coming.&nbsp; Here is a picture of a fellow&nbsp;DRNer who didn't even know I took the picture of him on his wifes bike until he saw it on the internet :p http://community.webshots.com/photo/71853946/78354172uLpsbt

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
:laugh: I wonder who that is? Boy I'm sure whoever that is must be real embar-assed right now. :scream: Wait a minute! :o

I was just testing it out for her, yeah that's it. she was having problems with the bike and I was fixing it for her, yeah. It was the girly, I mean the manly thing to do. Awh :moon:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I was being nice, I wasn't going to embarase anyone by mentioning names......&nbsp; I knew saomeone else wiould say who it was, but I didn't expect to hear it from you :laugh:

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
scooter will you be at Paragon on Nov 1st ?
im gonna try to ride both days. and guess what else you would be surprised at how good a bike runs with the right sparkplug in it. ;)
i was pissed and happy all at the same time.

contacted 10 TV news stations and im hoping at least one shows up or metions the ride. still never recieved a call back from the paragon information line. i guess they only except information :(

keeping my fingers crossed hoping the KX doesnt need anything else cause i really dont feel like hauling both bikes up.also hoping paragon doesnt look like a swimming pool but i think i know who could tell where the deep lakes i mean puddles are.

are we mention names now ? ;)

so tired need to go eat and wrench a little just to make sure all is well with the bike. get the truck all loaded up and ready ect ect you know the drill.

well hope to see some old faces and meet new ones.
is there anything else i need to do before going ?
should i be waiting at the gate to get in before it opens ? just dont want to have to park in Jim Thorpe .

be on a 98`KX250 w/CEET graphics a silver Troy Lee tribal helmet if anyone wants to chit chat or ride(94`Pathfinder)

Red/Green

Top Bottom