KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
I have read of some poeple going riding at Park Hills MO and I have some questions for those of you who have been there.
What is this place like?
Can you go there any time?
What are the facilities like?
Are there any restrictions?

Thanks Kevin

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
I have gone there for the BJEC enduro. It was both sand, and rocky hills.
Good camping area.
don't think it ever closes.
try not to T-bone anybody in the sand flats..

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
I have gone there for the BJEC enduro. It was both sand, and rocky hills.
Good camping area.
don't think it ever closes.
try not to T-bone anybody in the sand flats..
They also run a national HS there in Sept.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
It took me a while to find this in my file from last year--but we went there last year and it was a ball! They had lots of trails, both quad wide, and single track. And a large sand pit area where most of the quads hung out. The trails were pretty safe, and not too technical.

The park is called St. Joe State park and the phone number is 573-431-1069 or 800-334-6946. The rates last year were $6 for a basic site to camp (in season) and $12 for an electric. I dont have the rates for riding, but it was something like $2 a day. We found the info under www.mostateparks.com/stjoe.html

I am not sure when they opened, but last year we went camping in March and they were open then--with the exception of the showers. I dont think they open until good friday or memorial day.

Good Luck!

ScottZX7RR

Sep 11, 1999
I go there quite often during the year. If you use the day use area it is 2 dollars to ride. I personally go to the camping and get a non-electric site. They price is 7 dollars a day but do require a tent be put up. The reason I do this even when I don't camp is because I use the showers after I get done for the day and some of the guys I ride with like to have a cold beer after riding and the Day use area doesn't allow that.

As for the trails there is 1000 acres of sand flat(and it isn't really sand that eats fork seals) and 800 acres of trails in the hills. There is one main trail along the edge of the park, called the Parameter Trail. The trails range from sandy, to rocky, to dirt trials. The place is one of my favorite riding areas because it can rain and not get too goey. It has a lot of various terrain. Great fun for all but as Josh said it can be a bit crowded on the sand flats. That is why I go play on the trails and hardly seen mean people.

------------------
Scott #410
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F RIDE BLUE
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It's towards St. Louis, about 90 minutes south. Fun place to ride.

------------------

[This message has been edited by justql (edited 04-07-2001).]

MXmonkey

Mar 7, 2001
hey i live like 15 minutes from st. joe i go there and ride everyweekend it cost 2 dollers for a allday riding permit and that means you can ride till lunch and go to barney burgers in park hills and get some food for a cheap price tell anita Chris Cox told you about it and she might give you a discount she help me and her son with food at races and small repairs then you can go ride agian we got pictures of me and jason riding at st joe and the chat dump hanging up on the wall if you wanna ride together have anita call us and we will coem ride later
chris

------------------
dont get weeded!

ScottZX7RR

Sep 11, 1999
Hey Pat,

Let me know when you want to go there and I am game. I have a farm in Mid Mo that we can go down there the night before and then head out in the morning. From there it is only a short drive to there. Maybe we can make a go of it soon.

------------------
Scott #410
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F RIDE BLUE
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Top Bottom