Parogon Spark Arrestor? Begginer sutible

Ed95Pont

Dec 24, 2002
Me and my wife are looking to go to parogon next weekend.I know that their websight says they require spark arrestors.Do they enforce it. It has been a slow year and I cant shell out the cash for both bikes.I hate to drive 4 hours to get turned away.

My wife is a brand new begginer Just mastered the shifting brakine ect on her kx 100.Is their riding available for her abilty.

Thanks Ed

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Ed,

You should be fine.

I'm just a spode and consider Paragon mostly on the rugged side terrain-wise. When you get there just ask them for the type of trails you want and they will point you in the right direction. There are some easier trails that have been added recently.

I would get a map when you register and ask them to mark off something suitable. She will probably want to take on some heartier trails before you leave.

It's a pretty big piece of land, their borders are clearly marked, but I've been lost within the park once or twice. Then again I usually get lost on home territory. Kind of a hobby I guess. :)

Maybe you can meet up with some fellow DRN'ers. Quite a few hit it on a regular basis. Have Fun!!!!

Joe Chief            

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Been riding there all year without one and have never had them check. Have fun next weekend!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Ed,

You and your wife will be fine at Paragon, but instead of getting a trail map when you get to the park, I suggest downloading it from Paragons web site http://www.paragonap.com/trailmaps.htm   on the top of that page there is a link to click on for a downloadable version of the map.  This one is easier to follow since it is in color instead of the b/w maps they have at the park.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Scoot,

Nice addition to my excellent suggestion :laugh:  IMO just get Scooter down there to guide you. (It will be well worth it)

So I downloaded the map, I have dark and light green, blue and red. Black? I missed somethin' here but how about a color code to difficulty levels???

Sincerely,

Joe Chief

Ed95Pont

Dec 24, 2002
Thanks for the info
How about a suggestion on a place to stay.Fairlly close were we can leave the bikes on the trailer hopefully without someone helping themselves to them.She does not want to camp.

Thanks ED

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Chief,

Here is the link for the trail descriptions http://www.paragonap.com/map.htm The light green are the main roads, and the darker green are the easier trails in the park.

Ed,

Here is a link for local motels in the area http://www.paragonap.com/links.htm  I am not sure but I think it was the Comfort Inn I stayed in a few times and had no problems with the bikes.  There were about 6 other vehicles with bikes and ATVs there as well.  I even saw security walking through the parking lot a few times during the evening.......maybe they were just looking for bikes to steal.  I have not heard of any problems with any of the local motels.

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
high powered wheel chairs are left in the parking lot but my bikes go in the room with me. riding up the steps to the second level draws a little attention sometimes. ;)

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by Ed95Pont
Thanks for the info
How about a suggestion on a place to stay.Fairlly close were we can leave the bikes on the trailer hopefully without someone helping themselves to them.She does not want to camp.

Thanks ED

There are a variety of hotels / motels one exit north on 81 (exit 145) I like the Forest Hill in as it's only $45/night + tax. Cheap clean, not fancy at all though. There are a variety of others there as well, for that price on up.

People up there are decent, you don't have too much to worry about as far as theft is concerned, but if you get a decent bike lock and trailer lock, you can rest assured.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by RedWingDS
riding up the steps to the second level draws a little attention sometimes. ;)

Riding up steps without fear of them collapsing under BIG RED???

Ok, you win on the guts contest.   :worship: :laugh:

Scooter, Thank You Much!!!!!!!!!  

Joe Chief

Top Bottom