slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
something we were discussing this weekend. Would everyone please look to see what spare parts they may have lying around the garage/shop and see if they can throw them in for the trip? MX221 was nice enough to have some Red Rider parts in the Plano Honda Van but last year I had to spend a couple of hours on the road to get some fork seals. Missed the MX school and that was a bummer. Anything you can bring to keep someone else from missing some of the fun would be a life saver, in my book.
If you happen to have some old plugs, sprockets, chains, seals, jets, handlebars, clutch/brake levers, cables, etc... and can bring them please do so. The ride you save just might be yours!

------------------
you never really learn to swear until you learn to ride.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I thought that was stuff you carried with you every time you go riding.
smile.gif

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
DOOHHHH!!!!!!
tongue.gif

------------------

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
SPD, the only spares I carry with me is a tire and I'm working on losing that. You can bet this year I will have some of those parts with me. I just thought if everyone would throw in an extra or two it might save somebody else the grief I went through last year.
MX'ers don't carry parts with them. Not on their bodies anyway.

------------------
you never really learn to swear until you learn to ride.

RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
So what do we need here ? I can probably round up a 5 gallon bucket of Bolts,cables, clutch plates ( anyone taking a Hodaka Wombat ?), levers,perches and some other stuff. These parts are probably too old for you guys since the newest bike I have ever owned was a 90' CR250. Is this the stuff we are talking about or should I bother ?
Let me know,
Raz

Oh I almost forgot, there might be Keg tapper in the bottom if we should happen to need that kind of part ;)

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rich may be interested in the Hodaka parts! Pretty sure he is resoring a Wombat (Man, did I lust after that bike when I first started riding), If I recall, wrench brought him a crome gas tank last year?

The kegger is just fine... DRN can't supply any alcohol (AMA rules), but if the members just happen to sneak some in.... ??? :)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Raz,
clutch perches and levers, cables, etc... are the kind of parts I meant. Many have those lying around in their garage/shop. I myself am going to bring every spare part I have, which isn't much, but might just help some poor spode be able to continue riding.

RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
I will bring what I have laying around, someone might be running around on a new bike with something off of a Penton Jackpiner. With all my parts laying around I can't even remeber what they came off of. But a bummed out Spode will make about anything work , I know I have been there.
Will bring what I can.
Raz

Top Bottom